1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Roswell Season 2 (MERGED THREAD)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John Swarce, Mar 23, 2004.

1. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

Has anyone heard of a release date for Roswell Season 2? My wife and I just finished the first season. Thanks![​IMG]

2. florence franks

florence franks Stunt Coordinator

Whats the sales figures? I expect nothing less then huge given I know roswellian fanbase since we mailed out sauce so long ago. If we did our "job" and broke some records i would expect next season this year and chances for actually movie or miniseries in future.

3. JeanSSullivan

The Insert in the R1 Boxset say :

Continue Your Collection in Summer 2004. Since the inserts have been quite exact since the start, i would expect it from june 20 to september 19 ... I bet August or Sept..

4. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

The R2 version has been announced for the 9th of August. More details at Zeta Minor.

5. JeanSSullivan

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... so we can expect it near that then.. maybe. I really liked that show, i've blind bought it based on Fansite and didn't regret it !

6. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

Thanks, Julian! I had forgotten this post until you resurrected it. Will be on the lookout for the R1 announcement!

John

7. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I read FOX is considering the R1 release for the 4th Quarter around September or October for season 2.

8. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

More details about the Region 2 release have been added to my website, including a full breakdown of the bonus features and a selection of menu screen grabs.

More details at Zeta Minor

9. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Second Unit

Digital Bits is reporting that:

Roswell: The Complete Second Season streets on 10/5 (SRP $59.98) on 6 discs, which include audio commentary tracks (by the writers, producers and directors), the A Little Something Extra for the Fans video montage, a storyboard to scene comparison, and the featurettes Here with Me: Making of Roswell Season 2, The Shiri and Majandra Show, and Art of Composing Roswell.

10. LanieParker

LanieParker Supporting Actor

I'm getting antsy for the release of this set. I've been watching what little of season 2 and 3 I have on tape and I just can't wait to have the set.

I heard Jason Behr will not be included in any of the bonus feature interviews. Apparently he was in Japan during the making of that.

11. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

He's in the new Grudge movie isn't he? That's would probably explain why he wasn't around. He was filming in Japan when they were putting this together it seems.

12. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

That sucks. Hopefully we'll get some good stuff on the third and final set.

13. David_Blackwell

14. camilo_m

camilo_m Agent

Anyone else interested in this serie??
    I saw at foxstore.com that the Season 2 is finally out on dvd TODAY (Oct 5th)
    The six-disc box set includes all 21 episodes with lots and lots of bonus and features!
    I'll probably buy it, this serie that is a cult phenomenon is one of my favorites!! The dramatic and engaging story of four teenage aliens has a clever writing, suspenseful plotting and unexpectedly evocative performances....

15. David_Blackwell

I'm interested in this show. I reviewed season 2 and season 3. As Gord Lacey mentioned in his review of season at TVShowsOnDVD.com, season 3 will be coming in the summer.

16. Kyle**S

Kyle**S Stunt Coordinator

Roswell's first season was f*cking brilliant. The second season was still pretty good, although it suffered from too much network interference (and a horribly illogical climactic plot twist). And season 3 just suffered from bad writing, but it was still watchable for a few standout episodes.

If I had lots of money, I'd buy the DVD's, even though I'm disappointed by all the necessary music changes and the fake widescreen.

17. JeanSSullivan

I just bought it, season 3 in Summer 2005 as the Insert says...

I don't mind the music replacement since i never saw the show on air and it's the only way to get them on DVD. Look at Malcolm, i don't think will ever see season 2 of that one!

And are you sure that that show wasn't presented in widescreen on selected Fox Channel, like the stuff they show now? It's a 2000 show, and most 2000+ show's on Fox are widescreen...

18. Kyle**S

Kyle**S Stunt Coordinator

The WB (which has no problem with airing shows in widescreen - e.g. Angel, Jack & Bobby, some eps of Everwood) aired the (first two seasons of) show only in 4:3, the way it was composed. But the show was shot with a 16:9 (a center extraction was used for the framing), so this is what ended up being decided upon for the DVD releases. It may expose more, but it's just showing more space (and crew members, and light stands, and boom mics...)

My friend has the season 1 DVD's, and the show looks pretty bad in 16:9.

19. LanieParker

LanieParker Supporting Actor

This is on my list of tv on dvd to get, but unfortunately I have to wait on this one..... [​IMG] Glad that I still have season 2 on VHS to hold me over till I get the dvds.

20. David_Blackwell

I don't see any exposed crew members, light stand, or boom mics in the Roswell episodes shown in 16:9. I like Roswell better in 16:9 than 4:3. I can tell the credits were originally shot in 16:9 and reframed to 4:3 for TV.