What's new

Rosewood Veneer (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey_S

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know where to get a quality Rosewood veneer online? I realize it might be expensive but I just love this look! If you could point me to a web address and an approximate cost for a 4' x 8' sheet, that would be great.

Thanks,

Jeff

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jeffrey,
Check out www.tapeease.com. I've bought several sheets of veneer from them. Dave Daus is a great guy to work with. I'm not sure, but I believe rosewood is around $130-$150 for a 4x8 sheet.
Brian

charles_w

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Do you use the paper back or 2ply wood?

I would like to use the 2 ply, but am concerned about bending a 3/4" radius.

Lee

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Charles,
Check out the pics Link Removed of the GR Research AV1 enclosures that I built. I used a 3/4" radius on the vertical edges and wrapped NBL maple veneer that I bought from Tape-Ease. They were very easy to do and worked beautifully! I have not yet used the newer 2-ply veneer that Tape-Ease is selling. Were you referring to this or to the NBL veneer?
In the future I will be using 10-mil paperbacked veneer as we will be building the cabinets with only a 1/2" radius.
Brian

charles_w

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Very nice that's exactly what I'm planning on doing, but I'm going to roundover the top. According to the Tapease web site the NBL can be used with a minimum 3" radius. Looks like I'll be ordering the NBL.

Thanks,

Lee

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Charles,

I actually know a guy that wrapped the NBL around a 1/2" radius (well, I did it too but didn't come out too good). He wet the veneer where the roundover was to take place. The pics looked like it turned out pretty well.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks