What's new

Roseanne: The Complete Third Season (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, since none of the pics match their respective seasons, it doesn't really matter. ;)

The back of the box lists the episodes as the ORIGINAL UNCUT ones. Seems that they'll continue in that pattern. Hopefully a re-release will happen when the series is finished (season 1 I mean).

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
the only thing I don't like about the cover is that it's obviously a season 8 or 9 era photo, watch season 9 have a really young photo of Dan and Roseanne on the cover :D

I hope to see Jackie on a cover later on along with Roseanne, because as the show progressed, I think she eventually really took Goodman's place as the shows true "second banana" and was one of the best things about the shows.

I'm glad that Laurie did an interview for this season, hopefully we'll see Sara Gilbert doing one for a later season.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I can't wait for this. I recieved both seasons 1 & 2 for Christmas. Both of which I'm thoroughly enjoying. Season 3 will be no exception. I really wish they would've continued with the gag reels though. The reel on the first season set was hilarious. It's good to see two more interviews with cast members though. I too would like to see one with Sara Gilbert in season 4.

I love how fast these sets are being released. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we are given season 6 by the fourth quarter.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I don't think sitcoms get much better than Roseanne at it's zenith. I would say that all of the seasons would be worth getting until probably the last one, which does have a few good episodes, actually.

I agree that the photos are not matching up but perhaps they simply have more to choose from of the later photos. It could also be Roseanne herself who has asked that they not use earlier photos. She's said publicly that she hates photos of herself that were taken before her plastic surgery. What I would like however is for the box art of each season to reflect how her looks changed.

I also would like to see the other characters featued on future covers. Jackie & Roseanne together would be an obvious choice for a later season. And I think Sara Gilbert deserves a cover too as she was just as important to the show as anyone.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Its nice this show has some extra's, I can't say many companies try that hard with Family Shows (Home Improvement, The Cosby Show...), Roseanne has some solid extra's.

Shame there are no commentaries from Roseanne - that would be interesting.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

hopefully we'll get some in the latter seasons, she's been quoted before as saying that she didn't care for seasons 1-3 too much and that seasons 4-9 were her faves

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks