Roseanne: The COMPLETE Second Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ElijahS, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

For the new release, we can be finished with the Season 1 thread and all complaints of cut episodes!

2. Matthew_B

Matthew_B Agent

Very excited that the sticker indicates original "network" uncut episodes, can't wait to get this in December!

And not to be picky, but that cover colour scheme... wow. Never seen red and cyan together quite like that before, it's very... eye-catching... (trying to be positive). At least people will notice it on store shelves and say, "I remember watching this, I'd like to buy that."

But generally red and cyan together should be a mortal sin [​IMG]

3. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I can't wait to get this. I have doubts that they'll go back and 'redo' the first season, so I'm just going to go ahead and buy it in its current state. The first season was (to me) the weakest of the bunch so I'm not too worried. I'm just glad all of our complaints were heard and they've fixed it.

4. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

I do hope they redo the cyan on the color. A different blue would be nice. Not that I'm complaining or anything...[​IMG]

5. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Hooray and kudos to Anchor/Bay. Gettin' this for sure.

[​IMG] d

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Aw come on, it's perfect! White Trash colors for the White Trash Conners! [​IMG]

and definitely a [​IMG] for the uncut episodes. I'll say it again:

Roger Myers: "The screwballs have spoken" [​IMG]

7. Brent_B

Brent_B Agent

It's about time![​IMG]

8. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I'm holding my breath about the status of the episodes. I won't believe it till I see for myself.

And I wonder if the season two cover art was meant to be a bit garish ? Anyone whose seen the Conner's home on the show knows they didn't have a lot of taste. I can't decide which I liked better - the painting of the dogs playing poker or the Godzilla toy on the credenza.

Decisions.

9. Eric James

Eric James Agent

The cast appeared on Larry King Live Yesterday and someone called the show asking about the DVDS
    Heres a transcript from the LarrykingLive website

CALLER: I bought the season one DVD of "Roseanne." And I noticed that you guys used the edited syndicated version.

BARR: I know everybody is so mad. You guys, I don't know if you guys have heard.

GOODMAN: I wouldn't know.

CALLER: How come? And are you going to fix that for season two?

BARR: Yes, we ...

KING: Explain what he means.

BARR: Well, they, I don't know, they -- for season one for some reason they accidentally put out the syndicated, edited ...

GOODMAN: OK. Yes. So ...

BARR: But they have assured me today that from season two on, it will be the regular network.

GOODMAN: I'm sorry, I thought all that stuff was at the, like the bumpers at the end and stuff like that. Remember we'd go to -- I'm sorry ...

BARR: We didn't start that until third season.

GOODMAN: OK.

KING: What did they edit out for syndication?

BARR: They always take out two minutes when they syndicate, for more commercials. But, so they went ahead and put that in, but people are mad, the fans. So we're making sure, you know, that from the second season on, it's the original run.

10. Nick_TV

Nick_TV Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the transcript! It's funny that the 1st question the group got was about the DVD release.

Well, we all know that season 2 will be uncut now, but just as an added bonus I thought everyone might like to know this. Just saw on another forum that someone emailed Anchor Bay asking if season 2 really will be uncut. They of course said yes but also added that season 1 sales were low. Interesting!

Also, someone on another forum asked Carsey-Werner about an uncut season 1. Here's the email and response:

"Thank you for this information.

For an eventual future reconsideration, is there no way the first season
    episodes may be altered (if the legal restriction involves musical
    rights
    etc.) so the original episodes may be released in all (or most) of their
    glory?

If not, I thank you for your time, and for releasing 8 wonderful seasons
    complete on DVD."

They replied:

"We are certainly looking into it. Unfortunately, the legal restrictions
    were/are very tight for season one, but we won't give up!
    Thanks again for your feedback."

I still don't believe there are restrictions on season 1, but it's nice to know they may be working on producing a re-release. We can only hope!

11. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I don't believe for a second it had anything to do with legal issues. Because miraculously they will be able to use the network versions on all future releases. Oh, please !

But I applaud Roseanne for caring about this issue and the fans. Hopefully people who were uneducated about the network vs. syndicated issue will now understand that they are being ripped off.

As far as Season One being re-released I doubt it will happen. This "legal issue" crap is just their way of waiting to see if there is enough demand for a reissue.

12. Garysb

Garysb Cinematographer

I will wait for reviews and information from forums such as this to confirm season 2 is indeed complete. No preorders for me on this set.

13. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

So...a week until release day, and not nearly the amount of buzz surrounding this release. Anybody know of any reviews out yet?

14. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I have the set already for review, yes, it's uncut

15. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

16. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Thanks, Jay and Elijah!

See? All our kvetching helped! And some dude snapped, "Enough Already!" to me back in a thread re: the first season because I was encouraging everyone to make some noise over at amazon. Seemed to have worked...

[​IMG]

And their excuse for S1 is SO bogus... Roseanne hereself said, "they 'accidentally' put out the syndicated, edited..."

"accidentally"... mmhmm...

17. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

with Roseanne, I can make due with the syndie season 1 for now (but if a reissue comes out, I'll get that instead), because IMO, Roseanne only got better from the beginning, same with A Different World (season 1 is edited too)

But Cosby Show is a real kick in the stomach, IMO the first two seasons were the best and it was all downhill from there. Having syndicated Roseanne and ADW season 1 knowing the rest will be uncut sits better with me because I know the best is yet to come, but the entire Cosby DVD experience has been ruined for me because season 1 was the best and I won't buy it until it's been restored.

18. Nick_TV

Nick_TV Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if there is exclusive content somewhere with this season 2 release? Anchor Bay seems to like exclusive content. 3rd Rock From the Sun copies from Best Buy have exclusive features (like extended bloopers) not found anywhere else. And, TVShowsOnDVD.com said that Target had exclusive content on Roseanne season 1 releases (Best of Dan). Anyone know if there is exclusive content for season 2 of Roseanne planned?

19. Tony Int

Tony Int Agent

Hello first time poster, LOOOONG time reader.

I am so pleased to have Roseanne uncut, however, I noticed on the sixth episode of season 2, Five of a Kind, during the end credits, instead of Roseanne Barr, her Creative Consultant and Based on a Character Created by credit reads as Roseanne Arnold. Her credit during the opening of the show is Barr. This is the only episode in season 2 that she is credited that way. The show runs almost 24 minutes to I don't think it is a syndie cut. Any ideas why this one episode is different?

20. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    This history of Roseanne's name is a long and twisted tale. The show began with her credited as Barr. A couple of seasons in she married what's-his-name and her credit was changed to Arnold not just on the new episodes but the later syndicated eps, too. Then she became just Roseanne, which was my personal favorite name of hers. I believe in sydication all of the pre "Roseanne" credits say Arnold. I'm not if or how much of this has been changed for the DVD's. Since syndie eps were used for the first box set I'm guessing she's credited as Ms. Arnold on that one which technically isn't correct. It wouldn't surprise me if the 2nd season doesn't have some of the credits mixed up depending on the which versions of certain scenes were used.