Roseanne Season 6 DVD Cover revealed by mistake?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Demis G, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Demis G

Demis G Second Unit

I got today season 5 in the mail and inside as always there was a leaflet that features various dvd releases from Anchor Bay.

You can see seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the Holloween set!

Thing is.. the season 5 dvd cover is NOT it! They probably put the Season 6 dvd cover by mistake where the 5th (green colored cover) season should be!

So you can see an ORANGE cover different from what we have seen already with "THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON" typed below (clearly a typo because the 5th season is green)

I scanned it and here it is! I will try scanning in a higher res if you want

[​IMG]

As TVSOD reported, the set is out on Dec 5th 2006

edit: here is a higher resolution

[​IMG]

2. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

actually, I think that was the planned season 5 cover but AB heard enough fan complaints (since it's too much like season 1's cover) and changed it. If you have the season 5 DVD, you'll actually notice the main menus are orange with the said photo of Roseanne and Dan because that was the originally planned photo for s5 but AB changed it at the last minute probably because fans felt it totally didn't represent that era of the show.

3. Demis G

Demis G Second Unit

you're right!
    the orange and that pic is featured in the menus..

but it doesn't look like the season 1 cover...

4. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

well, not identically, but you can tell it was from the same photoshoot.

I honestly do think it's time to take Dan off the cover and put Jackie instead on one for a change. Her importance to the show really increased once they opened The Lunch Box in season 5 and she had more screentime than Dan in the latter seasons of the show. Hell, season 9 was all about Roseanne and Jackie, and Dan was barely on it.