Roseanne Season 2 Menu Problems

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John Carr, Dec 8, 2005.

1. John Carr

John Carr Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased the new 2nd Season of Roseanne from Best Buy on Tuesday. I'm very happy to find that the episodes are now complete. Kudos.

However, when I go to the menu and hit the play episodes 'button.' I end up with the Play All option, no matter what I do; it starts at the beginning episode and plays them all the way through. This is consistent on the first three discs.

It gets worse on Disc four; there, no matter what button is hit, it plays the features -- not the remaining 3 episodes... I haven't been able to access them, at all. I have a 2-month old Sony DVD player, so I'm sure it's not the hardware, and I've never encountered this "feature" on any other DVD.

Has anyone else encounted this problem, or are we just lucky!

2. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

I was about to pick this up. Anybody else have issues?

[​IMG]

3. Greg Madsen

Greg Madsen Second Unit

Same here. No matter what I select, Play All starts. I cannot get to a screen to see individual episodes. Quite a pain!

4. Nick_TV

Nick_TV Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I don't think there is anything wrong with your discs. Just like Anchor Bay's "3rd Rock From the Sun" DVD menus, it is extremely difficult to tell which menu item is selected sometimes and very easily to be mistaken. Here's what to do:

Let's take disc 1 for example. When you get to the main menu you will see an option for "Episodes" & "Play All" in order from top to bottom. By default, when you start the menu the "Play All" option is selected. You can tell this because there is a small circle to the left of the word "Play All" that is blacked out. The "Episodes" option has a clear circle, indicating it is not selected. Thus, if you just hit enter (or select or whatever), you will go directly to the "Play All" feature. The blacked out circle means selected. Thus, make sure you have your remote (or mouse if you're on a PC) and hit the up and down buttons. You should see the black dot cycle through the menu. This is also why "Extras" play on disc 4 - it is the default selection.

It's extremely difficult to tell what's selected sometimes, so make sure you see where the black dot is. Hope this helps!

There is no "play episodes" button. Just "Episodes" & "Play All". Select "Episodes" to see the full list of episodes on the disc.