Roots:TNG is coming!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ScottR, Aug 15, 2003.

1. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Thanks to David Lambert and the guys over at tvshowsondvd.com for this info....Roots: The Next Generations is being prepped for dvd release, most likely for its 25th Anniversary in 2004. If you haven't seen this mini-series, it is a must have! While not the phenomenon that the first series was, Roots:TNG is still one of the most watched mini-series of all time, and received the Emmy Award as Outstanding Mini-Series for 1978-79. I think it is as good, or even better than the first. An all-star cast, including James Earl Jones, Olivia DeHavilland, Henry Fonda, and Marlon Brando give outstanding performances. Because of the success of the first series, the budget was bigger, and it shows. The film takes the viewer from Henning, Tennessee, to Memphis, Chicago, New York, overseas for World War II, Washington, D.C. and finally to Africa. And the conclusion of the series is the most powerful ending of any film, theatrical or television. You will laugh, and most undoubtedly cry several times throughout. A must own!!!!!!!

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

De Nada! [​IMG]

I'm looking forward to this myself.

3. John Alderson

John Alderson Supporting Actor

Shouldn't Geordi, err, LeVar Burton, be in Roots: TNG [​IMG]

Seems only appropriate...

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

5. Brian W.

Brian W. Screenwriter

Brian
    This is good news, if it's true. I'd buy this just for Marlon Brando's creepy neo-Nazi and his "hate nannies."

But it's too bad Ben Vereen wouldn't reprise his role as Chicken George. He said at the time he just didn't like sequels and didn't want to do it.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I'm very sure it's true, Brian. My source on this is the very, very best, and has never, ever let me down.

7. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

Personally, I preferred Roots 2: Electric Boogaloo. [​IMG]