Room too bright for RPTV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John S Smith, Jan 17, 2003.

1. John S Smith

John S Smith Agent

HELP!

Have just finished remodel of living room and am in the market for a new 16:9 TV. Bigger is better for NFL and Movies!
    Problem; the room is basically glass on East and West walls. Canvas Awnings eliminate direct sunlight but it's still bright. TV will be located on N.Wall, viewing range is approx. 12'
    Is any brand/model appreciably better in this situation?
    1st choice would be 65" Toshiba but 57" seemed brighter to my uneducated eyes.
    Feed back appreciated.

..john

RAIDERS V "CHUCKIE" SUPERBOWL?......

2. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

John,

I really think you'll need to do something to control the light in your room if you want to watch during the day.

Also, if you don't have children, you might consider a set that doesn't have a protective screen to reduce glare considerably, or plan to remove the protective screen or replace it with a non-glare screen. There's a commercial product called Mighty Shield that will install a non-glare screen for around $200, or you can buy a piece of non-glare acrylic at a plastics store and install it yourself for around $50.

But some sort of curtain or blind is in your future, I'm afraid.

Jan