What's new

Room Size Help (1 Viewer)

Ross_N

Grip
Hey All,

Wondering if you experts could help me out? Just moved into my new house with an unfinished basement and was to create a dedicated home theater. The space I have planned is approx 12' wide by 14' long, no windows or natural light at all. Ideally I would like a front projector because of the size and the fact that I can control the light in the room.

That being said I've been looking the Panasonic 300 and 500, would this room be big enough to accomodate a crisp clear image of 100 - 110" if you were say sitting about 10' or so from the screen?

I can't really move much on the room size, maybe 2' either way. What do you guys think? Would a front projector work well here or would I be better off with a RPTV?

Thanks.

Ramon A

Agent
I am not an expert but I do have many hours spent on research for my future up grade to front projection.
so heres my $0.02.
your room size is fine for 100" to 110"
but that will put you right at optimum distance, so if you had a front row of seats. The picture wouldn't be as good.
As far as crisp clear picture that size that has more to do with your projector and screen than the size of your room.
and you need to make sure your throw distance is adequate for that projector. they all have different distances that they can throw a picture of that size from, so check the specs.
and as for audio before you start wiring and deciding where to put speakers go to dolby laboratories web site they will have pictures of placement of speaker for optimum 5.1 or 7.1 or any thing in between so good luck and I hope this helps

SethH

Senior HTF Member
If you can add 2 feet onto the length of the room do it. This will not only aide in viewing distance, but will also likely help with the acoustic properties of your room. Generally it is bad (audio wise) to have a square or nearly-square room, so adding that 2 feet could help. Also, you should be back far enough for 100", but unless you seats are right against the wall 110" might be a little big.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks