What's new

Room setup (1 Viewer)

Bryan'G

Auditioning
We have a 26 foot long by 12 foot wide basement. We are going to set it with half the area being a kids play area and the other half being a TV room/home theatre . I am assuming that especially from a sound standpoint it would be better to have the TV area on the 12 foot wide end (length wise with the play area end behind us) as opposed to setting it up on half of the 26 foot wide wall (width wise with the play area end/open area to the right of us). Hope that made sense. Is this correct?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
That'd probably be my first thought Bryan. You might also want to take a look throught some of the links here for various items that might be of interest.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This question would be better answered in the HT Construction/Interior area.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I would make the kids play room about 8 x 12. This will leave the other room about 18 x 12 and will make a really nice place for a HT room.

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
That is about the same room size I have and we are doing the same as you suggest. We are putting the screen along the shorter wall with the play area behind the home theater seating that faces the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks