What's new

Room Divider's affect on SVS performance? (1 Viewer)

David Head

Second Unit
I'm going to order an SVS 20-39PCi and my girlfriend would like to hide it behind a room divider like this one:
Picture Screen
What would be the affect on the sub's performance?
David

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
David,

Probably not, as long as you leave some room on the sides, even if you did I doubt it would affect the bass much.

One issue you do want to keep in mind (since this isn't a simple fabric covered screen) is how tighly made all those little picture frames are. It could be one big source of "rattles, and buzzes" if the pictures (and glass or plastic covers??) are loosely laid in the frame.

Windows and doors are habitually the first thing folks have to quiet (silicone caulk works well for them) when introducing a sub capable of clean, deep and high volume bass into their HT for the first time. Rather large waves of bass can loosen things up in other words so be prepared to experiment with various techniques to quell vibrations should the screen be a source of this sort of issue.

If your wife isn't hard over on this sort of screen design, I'd recommend something more akin to an oriental style or other simple screen with paper or fabric stretched over a simple frame.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks