What's new

Room Divider? (1 Viewer)

Mark McCanna

Auditioning
I'm setting up a HT in my basement. I'd like to close off part of the basement in a temporary fashion. I'm thinking of a large curtain or panels on a rail that I can move.
Anyone have any ideas or experience in doing something like this?
many thanks, Mark

Mark McCanna

Auditioning
Hi Ace, the divider needs to be moved regularly as we have our orchids on the other side of where the divider would be and in order to reach that area we need to stand in the finished portion of the basement.
I was thinking of a big curtain, but it is difficult to find a heavy weight material that will block light from high power bulbs (for orchids).
Any ideas appreciated. Mark

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
These by chance wouldn't be SMOKEABLE orchids, would they? (wink, wink).
Sorry to be a smart-aleck. I was actually thinking of installing some kind of curtain in my basement too, because my wife REALLY doesn't like the idea of walling off a section permanently. I think the curtain idea is better than sliding panels, which could potentially rattle every time the LFE signal kicks in.
If you cannot find a good thick curtain at a reasonable price, maybe try sewing two back-to-back, because you're going to want it to look good on both sides anyway. You could even sandwich a third layer of some light-blocking material between them. Let me know if you come up with anything easier.

RyanL

Stunt Coordinator
How would you mount that to the ceiling on some sort of a slider? Is there a company that does this?
------------------
Paradigm Monitor 90P's
Paradigm Reference CC-450
Paradigm Titans
Aura Bass Shakers (2)
Marantz 1550
Aiwa 8" Sub
JVC RX-884vbk (reciever)
JVC XV-501bk (DVD player)
Sharp Hi-Fi VCR
Sony 27V20 27" Trinitron TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks