What's new

Room dimension issues... (1 Viewer)

Starting to layout my basement for finishing, and have some major issues. I got the finished basement plans from the developer for my house, which was built 7 years ago. the area i was to use as the media area is 18' X 12', with a low ceiling of 80" due to a sunken family room above. The problem is the ductwork and plumbing work on one of the long walls that hangs down 14" and out from the wall 36". My wife wants to have a width of 9', and build built in shelving under the ductwork. I wouldn't mind this, as I can build the equipment under it as well. I would build out the front wall, so I can place the speakers in it. Planning on a project with a realtively small screen size, maybe 84" diagonal.

So finishing up with a 16' x 9' room, with all speakers and equipment out of site. seating would have to be limited to a loveseat and maybe some smaller chairs due to the width.

Does this sound like it would work?

Thanks,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks