What's new

Room being remodled. Questions! (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hey all,

We're in the process of redoing my room. When we moved in 12 or so years ago, we had to do a rush job to get it ready, but now that my sisters room, the extra bedroom, and the hallway has been redone, mine is next.

Heh, we should get those Trading Places people in here for this job. We need to put in a proper Coaxial Cable connection in here, as well as a telephone line. How long would this take if the wires are already in the wall?

My wall is riddled with holes, since I have an 'autograph' display wall, and hang up some of my toy collection on there. We'll be resanding that, filling up the holes, and making it look like new. We're probably going to board up my closet, since all I need fits nicley in my dresser draw, I have no need for one and can get some extra wall space. Finally, we'll probably be putting in a ceiling fan for maximum light exposure and this room is finally getting a rug.

While thinking about all of this, I was getting back to the picture question. I've had problems with pictures falling over due to improper hanging, or proper hanging, but doors slamming from the wind and knocking it off the wall...

Most of my pictures are celebrity autos I've collected in my travels. So, here's the question. Is there any type of picture frame that is the height of an 8X10, but travels across half the wall? I can put 7 of my 60 autographs in one of these things, and don't have to make the new wall look like swiss cheese with the nails. It should also reduce the chance that one of them would fall over.

Also, is there anyway to more securly hang pictures on the wall? Perhaps a type of frame that you can nail through the wood portion?

Thanks!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We're probably going to board up my closet, since all I need fits nicely in my dresser drawer, I have no need for one and can get some extra wall space.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I've never heard of such a thing! Usually people complain about not having enough closet space. I know I could use more. Too much stuff! :)
You couldn't just attach stuff to the closet door (or put a door on the closet to attach stuff to, if there isn't one)?

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
We're probably going to board up my closet, since all I need fits nicely in my dresser drawer, I have no need for one and can get some extra wall space.
This will definately impact the re-sale value of your home. A lot of people will not consider it a bedroom unless it has a closet.

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
Well, he is from New Jersey. Perhaps he just needs someone to disappear "Sopranos Style". :D
edit: to try and somewhat answer the question, I know I've seen picture frames like you mention that are free-standing. Maybe you could find one of those and modify it to mount on the wall. I don't know where I've seen them, though. Maybe try something like Pier One Imports.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>'ve never heard of such a thing! Usually people complain about not having enough closet space. I know I could use more. Too much stuff! >
Heh, I have too much stuff to display, but I have more than enough to house clothes :). I only have about 6 pairs of pants, 14 undergarments, a handfull of socks and pajamas, shorts and shirts. That's all I need, and it all fits in the dresser :)..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks