What's new

Room 222...Could It Be? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Charles Ellis said:
Well, I checked my Amazon order, and it's still listed at $10.99. Perhaps it was a limited online pre-sale special.
Just checked mine. Same; $10.99 Maybe it was a special pre-order deal but I wonder if it was a typo/mistake in data entry, etc. That would be my guess since it jumped up to a more normal price range in a day's time.
This helps "ease the pain" when I recently delayed clicking another buy button for 3 CBS/P sets that were very good bargains :rolleyes:I don't see those CBS/P sets discounted too often online.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Mine also says $10.99 but we just need to aware of aware of what they actually charge us for when the set ships.

brian_hassel

Agent
Real Name
Brian Hassel
I also got in on the $10.99 price. I'm really looking forward to checking this show out in March.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
I could be wrong on this, but I think the reason is because Fox, the company that owns the show, barely, if ever, remasters any of their TV library.

There's also select episodes of another one of their shows in Nanny and the Professor on Hulu, and although they are uncut, the quality on those look terrible, as well.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Bit of a bummer to hear that the pilot episode is in bad shape. Considering how infrequently this show has been rerun I'm surprised the masters are in this bad of condition. I guess this is just a case of the show not being very well taken care of over the years. Oh well. I'm still going to buy it. I love this show and haven't seen it in over 20 years. I know that I'm going to love seeing it again. Bring on the rest of the seasons.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Brian Himes said:
Bit of a bummer to hear that the pilot episode is in bad shape. Considering how infrequently this show has been rerun I'm surprised the masters are in this bad of condition. I guess this is just a case of the show not being very well taken care of over the years. Oh well. I'm still going to buy it. I love this show and haven't seen it in over 20 years. I know that I'm going to love seeing it again. Bring on the rest of the seasons.
Brian,
You saw it around twenty years ago? May I ask, was it rerun on some channel? If so, I missed that. :frowning:

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Ockeghem said:
Brian,
You saw it around twenty years ago? May I ask, was it rerun on some channel? If so, I missed that. :frowning:
I can verify that it played on TVLand early in 1994. The only reason I know that is because I had a broken ankle and was at home recuperating for about 6 weeks and vividly recall watching some of the episodes.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, actually it may have been more than 20 years since I've seen an episode of Room 222. I remember when TVLand was showing it and the cable company I had at the time didn't carry TVLand. I was really bummed out because I really, really wanted to see it again. Before I got my Direct-TV, the show was long gone from TVLand.

Come to think of it, I may have not seen any episode of this show since the few daytime reruns that happened in the mid 70s. I remember that my local ABC affiliate showing the show in the mid mornings for a short time after the show finished its original run. After that, I don't think I ever heard anything about it again until I knew that TVLand was showing it. So, it may have been 30 years ago that I saw it last.

I do recall quite vividly watching this show from 71-74. It was one of my favorites but I was only five in 71 so I don't recall specific episodes. I do remember that the later opening had Karen Valentine dropping her books on the stairs. She drops her books, looks up and smiles as her name scrolls across the screen. This is going to be so cool to see this show again.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Bob Hug said:
I can verify that it played on TVLand early in 1994. The only reason I know that is because I had a broken ankle and was at home recuperating for about 6 weeks and vividly recall watching some of the episodes.
Bob, now that's watching it the hard way :laugh: Hope the ankle healed up good as new.
I haven't seen Room 222 since it originally aired. I was lucky to get that one pre-ordered when that Amazon error was up for the $10.99 price.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
nikkif99uk said:
my order is locked in at $10.99 too, so hoping they honour it
They'll honor it alright. Their own website says so. If they don't just email customer service.
Interesting how the price hasn't lowered below $31.49 since it came up from the $10.99 price. I guess they realized the only way to make up for thier mistake is to not lower the price the usual 30% or so for pre-orders.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Brian,
Thanks. I was curious. Goodness, it was on both TVLand and USA? I can't believe I missed it, especially on USA, since I have had that channel for years.
Thanks to everyone else as well. This is another series that I am really looking forward to owning. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ockeghem said:
Brian,
Thanks. I was curious. Goodness, it was on both TVLand and USA? I can't believe I missed it, especially on USA, since I have had that channel for years.
Thanks to everyone else as well. This is another series that I am really looking forward to owning. :emoji_thumbsup:
You're welcome. I can't believe that I didn't know it was on USA at one time. I could have seen it then. Bummer. Oh well. It's finally coming to DVD so I'm happy.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I remember seeing Room 222 on TV Land for a time ten years ago. I managed to snare a few of the episodes onto VHS as well as some of the old filmed episodes back in 2007. Many of the episodes I have will be featured in the forthcoming DVD Season 1 set. Even with the word that the pilot episode is a mess...I am still looking forward to viewing the S1 episodes upon arrival.

I am also looking forward to viewing the 40-year retrospective as well. Apparently, only James L. Brooks, Denise Nicholas and Michael Constantine are involved. Somehow, Karen Valentine did not apparently participate? Nor did Lloyd Haynes, who cannot, of course, for obvious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks