What's new

Room 222...Could It Be? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Joe, that's interesting about Amazon not guaranteeing the price if pre-ordered. I'd thought that the price locked in for pre-orders. I need to look at this one again before clicking the order button. It's still in my cart.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Jeff Willis said:
Joe, that's interesting about Amazon not guaranteeing the price if pre-ordered. I'd thought that the price locked in for pre-orders. I need to look at this one again before clicking the order button. It's still in my cart.
They did this a few years back with the Sgt. Bilko collection. I ordered 3 at the extra low price and they showed up at that price. I've never heard of them jacking up the price after you've placed your order. Now if you just wishlist it - you can have the price go up

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I pre-ordered this the other day, too. The listing has been up for nearly a week. If it is a mistake, I have to think it would somehow have been "red flagged" in their system by now. I think Amazon will be hard-pressed to NOT honor the $10.99 price after actively soliciting orders over an extended period of time.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I emailed amazon with a general question regarding how they handle price guarantee's if a price increases between the time the order is placed & ship date. Here is their repsonse:
Hello from Amazon.com.
Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.
Please note that our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
I've included some additional information below. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AMAZON'S PRICING POLICIES?
Please visit our Help pages at:
Amazon.com: Help*>*Payment, Pricing & Promotions*>*Pricing
They have this info on their website as well. I think everyone who wants to buy this title needs to pre-order it immediately. If they riase the price (I'm still sure this is some kind of error) between now and ship date we can all fight them on it & per their pricing policy as stated on their own website, they have to honor the lowest price.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Good advice. I haven't seen a price this low for a full season set in a while, at least one that I'm interested in adding to the collection. I placed my order a few minutes ago with a couple other items in the cart. It's been a long time since I pre-ordered any TV/DVD set.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I have this on pre-order. It's a blind buy for me but from everything I've heard, it seems like a great show and one many consider a classic. From its sales ranking it seems like a lot of people are taking advantage of the price & doing the same :laugh:

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I ordered it. I think they'll have to honor the price. They'll definitely have to get customer okay before they charge you more than you agreed on.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I have been holding out, but I've just gone and pre-ordered it too. I'm wondering if there's some 'faulty' reason why the price is so low -- crummy-looking episodes, incomplete, super-compressed, or something?

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Joe Karlosi said:
I have been holding out, but I've just gone and pre-ordered it too. I'm wondering if there's some 'faulty' reason why the price is so low -- crummy-looking episodes, incomplete, super-compressed, or something?
The actual retail listed is $34.99, the $10.99 price is amazon's own discount so I doubt there's anything wrong with the set. I'm not sure what other retailers have the set priced for on pre-order.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Joe Karlosi said:
Shout! has a good track record of releasing shows unedited, and has listened to complaints from fans about edited episodes on their favorite shows, so why on Earth would you worry about the episodes being butchered?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
What may be going on here, is some kind of sweetheart deal between Amazon and Shout! Factory. Perhaps Shout! is offering Amazon copies at a special discount in an effort to increase awareness for this release and to help create a bigger user base for future volumes. This way, Shout! keeps its normal MSRP in effect so as to not adversely affect margins when the set lands at retail. Mind you, this is just a guess on my part, but I know for a fact that magazine publishers use a similar tactic. In the magazine itself, a one-year subscription price may be $59.95, but going through an outside agency you can get the same thing for $19.95. This way, the magazine's value is preserved to its "traditional" subscribers (who for the most part are unaware of the offer) and meanwhile, the magazine reaps the added benefit of being able to charge more for advertising due to the higher paid circulation.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
TV_Fan said:
The actual retail listed is $34.99, the $10.99 price is amazon's own discount so I doubt there's anything wrong with the set. I'm not sure what other retailers have the set priced for on pre-order.
Wow!!! a discount of $24. I was not aware the discount was that big at Amazon. Woohooo!!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
vnisanian2001 said:
Shout! has a good track record of releasing shows unedited, and has listened to complaints from fans about edited episodes on their favorite shows, so why on Earth would you worry about the episodes being butchered?
Well, for a few reasons -- because I didn't realize that Shout! had such a positive track record, or that Shout! was doing this show!
But I feel better now.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
You might want to regularly check the Amazon sales page at TVShowsonDVD.com. That's where I found this deal.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Amazon now has it listed for $31.49. I knew the $10.99 was a fluke. Everyone who pre-ordered it at $10.99 be sure to save your email order comfirmations that you got when you ordered. If amazon tries to charge the higher price show them the proof & throw a fit if needed. They're customer service is usually excellent & they will have a record of the price being this low so I doubt we'll have any problems.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Well, I checked my Amazon order, and it's still listed at $10.99. Perhaps it was a limited online pre-sale special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks