What's new

Rookie Blue Season 2 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Season premiere tonight.. Missy Peregrym in some tight outfit in an opening scene isn't a bad way to start.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Looks like this thread is dead. Guess no one likes the show that much. For me, it is OK, but I don't think it is nearly as good as Chicago Code that was done away with on Fox. The show seems passable, but I really don't care about any of the characters so far. The writing does not seem as deep or have good character development that is unique. I may still watch a few more, but hopefully it will pick up some and get better otherwise I don't see it being a big hit.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, it's getting a third season, it's already been renewed for a third run so *shrug* It's not bad. It's not Chicago Code, but it's a much more light weight show for the summer.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Some shows get shot in Canada but they do their best to make it fairly unknowable the fake city.

Rookie Blue was dead on Canadian tonight.

"We need to get her out of town.. let's get her plane tickets to Halifax"

"Runaway kid.. he only speaks French Canadian, get a translator"

:)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
mattCR said:
Some shows get shot in Canada but they do their best to make it fairly unknowable the fake city.

Rookie Blue was dead on Canadian tonight.

"We need to get her out of town.. let's get her plane tickets to Halifax"

"Runaway kid.. he only speaks French Canadian, get a translator"

:)
Runaway spoke only Russian, IIRC.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, unlike Flashpoint, likewise a drama set against the backdrop of the Toronto police force, Rookie goes to some pretty great lengths to hide its "Canadian-ness," and to keep itself location-neutral. Once in a while, though, little things slip through.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Some shows get shot in Canada but they do their best to make it fairly unknowable the fake city." Let's not forget that they routinely show the CN Tower during transitions. Oh, they went with the obvious on last weeks show with whole Luke and his EX thing. Brent

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Like with Blue Bloods, I wasn't sure if the return of Rookie Blue for it's second season would continue the promising first season. No worries. After a "where is this going opening scene" in the season premiere "Butterflies", it was very reassuring and confident stuff. Missy Peregrym is very easy on the eyes, but she can act as well. Camille Sullivan (who I enjoyed in the sadly short-lived series Shattered (still haven't seen the last four episodes of that series yet), I was glad was joining Rookie Blue. Her character's addition to the force will no doubt cause friction between Andy and her detective boyfriend. The character development is steady and written well.

I don't know how it did for the remainder of the season, but I was slightly concerned when I read (on Zap2it) the fast national ratings for the second season premiere on ABC, slightly down on the series' pilot episode. So reading that it's coming back for a third season is great news.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Episode 5 "Stung" was really good. Am liking the character development, and the way it's going with the Andy and Luke storyline, but his ex-girlfriend is turning into a Glenn Close-Fatal Attraction character.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Did the look of the show change towards the end of the second season? When Universal Channel showed the last four episodes of the first season, the picture quality became softer. And yet they were shown well after they had premiered on ABC.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Best episode so far this season, episode 7 "The One That Got Away", with some moments which didn't follow cop show cliches, and a story which was inteesting from beginning to end. It's definitely one of my favourite shows at the moment.

It's looking like Luke's ex is going out of the show. Like with Rizzoli & Isles, the cast gels together very well. And autumn is starting to kick in at the exterior on location scenes (assuming they start filming in early summer).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It appears that Luke's ex has left the 15th Division, but (and I'm likely wrong) I bet she'll be back before the end of the season. Episode 8 was like one of those episodes where most of the characters were stuck in one location. There were three separate stories going on and each ended satisfactory.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Episode 9 "Brotherhood" wasn't that good (basically the script). However, episode 10 "Best Laid Plans" was much better, and back to the high standard of this season. And compared to the tenth episode in the first season, this episode had a sharp picture quality. Next week's episode, Callum Keith Rennie guest stars.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Wave, are you in the UK? I can't ever get love for it, but eager to see the conclusion of "Merlin" this weekend. (BBC). Unrelated, just bringing it up since Rookie Blue finished here some time ago - though it's in production for the next season already.

Best Laid Plans was pretty good.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Matt, the clue is in the location underneath my membername. Rookie Blue is shown in the UK on Universal Channel on Sunday nights in a two hour block with Law & Order: SVU: Season 13 ("Russian Brides" was the best episode so far this season. But due to the subject matter of the show, will not be starting a thread for the series. Except to say, after the so-so season premiere, it's been getting gradually better).

You haven't been able to see some of the current series of Merlin on I assume BBC America? Are you from the UK? There's a Region 2 set of Merlin been released recently. Don't watch it myself, so I don't know enough about the series to know which series has been released on Region 2 recently.

Yes, the second season of Rookie Blue finished on ABC in early September (finished with a double bill like with the first season).

Have noticed in this season that signs of autumn have appeared earlier than in the first season (leaves already fallen and turning red and brown etc.). Snow could be seen for the first time on Rookie Blue in "Best Laid Plans". Did Toronto get wintry weather earlier than normal in the autumn/fall of 2010?

Only saw the ratings for the season premiere "Butterflies" on Zap2it, and the comments by the article writer were that they were down on the pilot episode's ratings. They must have picked up after that, because a third season was ordered not long after.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
If you have Media Center, you can subscribe to BBC Online (small fee) and watch live.. even DVR it... we talked about it with SecondRun here.. so I'm right near the end of the current season ;) It's on BBCOnline the day after it airs in the UK. I've enjoyed it immensely.
So, I tended to catch a few shows (mostly Top Gear, Merlin, Downton Abbey... which I loved the second season though I disliked the conclusion point

Originally Posted by WaveCrest Rookie Blue is shown in the UK on Universal Channel on Sunday nights in a two hour block with Law & Order: SVU: Season 13 ("Russian Brides" was the best episode so far this season. But due to the subject matter of the show, will not be starting a thread for the series. Except to say, after the so-so season premiere, it's been getting gradually better).

You haven't been able to see some of the current series of Merlin on I assume BBC America? Are you from the UK? There's a Region 2 set of Merlin been released recently. Don't watch it myself, so I don't know enough about the series to know which series has been released on Region 2 recently.

Yes, the second season of Rookie Blue finished on ABC in early September (finished with a double bill like with the first season).

Have noticed in this season that signs of autumn have appeared earlier than in the first season (leaves already fallen and turning red and brown etc.). Snow could be seen for the first time on Rookie Blue in "Best Laid Plans". Did Toronto get wintry weather earlier than normal in the autumn/fall of 2010?

Only saw the ratings for the season premiere "Butterflies" on Zap2it, and the comments by the article writer were that they were down on the pilot episode's ratings. They must have picked up after that, because a third season was ordered not long after.

/t/312524/rookie-blue-season-2#post_3875361

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks