What's new

Ronin - Spec. Edit. - Region 1 ?? (1 Viewer)

deanCorso

Auditioning
Region 2 has a awesome 2-disc Special Edit. of RONIN .. I love this movie/awesome car-chase scene .. Will this ever be released in Region 1 .. I really am hoping ..:D

Jeff(R)

Second Unit

Great movie (only flaw is that horrible unnecessary CGI smoke near the tires when a car is peeling out in one scene.) I like the current region 1 edition. What's included in the R2?

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

holy cow, you read my mind. I love that movie, Frankenheimer should have known better.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Count me in if this ever gets rereleased in R1 with significant new features and a marginal PQ improvement.

Joel

Elijah

Supporting Actor

LOL, I know exactly what you are talking about, and I have always hated that part. To make it even worse, it comes right after one of the better technical spots in the entire movie. When DeNiro launches the rocket at the car stopped at the light, the explosion has some reeeeeal loud bass.

I noticed this when I was looking on the SVS site while I was getting my sub (PB12-ISD). Here is the page with the graph for Ronin, notice the comment :). I had never watched it with a sub before reading that, so when I got my sub, I had to put it in, and sure enough...its pretty dang awesome. Its a shame to be yanked out of the moment by poor visual effects, especially during such a great scene. Oh well, no-one/thnig is perfect. Overall one of my favorites.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
That special edtion looks nice!! Would be an instant buy if it came out here. Full first disc devoted to the movie (and no MAR version wasting space), a DTS track, and a second disc of supplements with a few that sound like they are worth watching.

PLEASE RELEASE THIS HERE!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks