What's new

Ron, Tom- Can we expect any new CS+ info soon... (1 Viewer)

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
Like maybe a few snaps of the final driver, response chart etc.. before the CS+ line ships? I know the finished driver spec'd out better than expected...any other new exciting tidbits? :D

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Kevin,

I'm afraid that's unlikely. We are going hells bells just to make sure all the new parts, manuals, port tuning sheets (for the port plugs we are including) are all done in time. Everything from serial numbers to the drivers themselves are in a full-court press.

Launching a new sub is a little like sending your daughter off for her first date, you last day of school and the senior prom all rolled into one.

We'll do our level best to start documenting user comments, and performance charts soon.

BTW the response to our discount for SVS owners, and the general consensus at SVS that this sub will be off the charts (even by SVS standards) meant pre-orders dwarfed every sub we've introduced so far. Thanks in advance to all you early adopters. I think you'll be all glad you took the leap on this.

"i"

Ron

Norman Short

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question. I know previous SVS owners get the discount, which was a powerful incentive to pre-order an upgrade. But for the rest of us who are considering this sub, is there any reason to pre-order vs. waiting for the performance reports to come in? Is the price about to jump perhaps, or will you run out of drivers after filling the pre-orders and the rest of us would have a significant wait after they are shipped?

I've been on the fence for awhile now. The main problem of course is not being able to listen to any of these wonderful subs I keep hearing about. For all I know a Dharma or a regular 20-39 would blow my doors off and make me think it ridiculous to move up to the CS+. Alternately I could get the plus model and think it's great but I need a second one ASAP. I don't doubt the quality of your products; there have been too many glowing owner reports for that. It's just not knowing exactly what I'm missing, and which product will best meet my needs.

I also had a DIY project in mind as an alternative. Sounds like I could make a massive sub for the same dollar range, and I do have the room for it. I have room for a sub 24"x24"x66". That's a lot of cabinet. I do have to say though that the reports I've read do not show any marked performance increase over the numbers I've read for SVS or the Dharma. I have the tools but I'm pretty hesitant about my carpentry skills being up to the task, so I'd have to see a pretty substantial cost/performance advantage to take a chance on building the sub myself.

My current sub is a Klipsch KSW-15, which is alright, and can shake the walls. It doesn't seem particularly well suited to music though, and I have to turn it up pretty high to keep up with my 104db sensitive Klipsch La Scalas. I just wish I knew what I was missing here. Unfortunately buying the sub and trying it out costs a lot considering the budget ($1000 range) if I decide to return it for a different model. Otherwise I'd just put both a Dharma and an SVS in here and try them out, and decide what best met my needs.

My head has been spinning weighing all the variables; after reading perhaps 100 threads about these products I'm more confused than ever.

Norman Short

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
Norman, I'm sure you know with SVS you can buy the sub you think might be best and test it out for up to 45 days. If it doesn't work out, you return it for a full refund, and you're only out return shipping costs. If it doesn't work out, I promise you'll still have gobs of fun running it through it's paces. Adire might have a similar policy as well. Return shipping may be a small price to pay so you can listen to these subs(which is what you want to do), thus ending up with peace of mind knowing you made the right choice. When my CS+'s arrive, I'll be on my second set of dual SVS subs. I had absolutely no reason to upgrade my 46CS's. They were perfect performers and I was never wanting for more or better bass-the discount offer was just too good to pass on. Trying to brain wrangle all of these factors will just give you ulcers. Just nut up and buy one or both and return the one you don't like for a full refund. Hey, you'll never know until you bite the bullet. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>I have a question. I know previous SVS owners get the discount, which was a powerful incentive to pre-order an upgrade. But for the rest of us who are considering this sub, is there any reason to pre-order vs. waiting for the performance reports to come in? Is the price about to jump perhaps, or will you run out of drivers after filling the pre-orders and the rest of us would have a significant wait after they are shipped?

Norman Short

Stunt Coordinator
No price jumps anticipated,(besides the discount for loyal SVS customers running out at the end of the month).

We'll be fat on drivers too. We're hoping to plug the CS+ right into our standard 1-3 business day shipping model.(once all preorders are shipped).

So there's no rush.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound alarmist; I just meant those as examples of a reason to pre-order now.

I might be able to offer some insight to your performance needs...

1)how large is the room

2)fairly sealed,or open to other ares of the home?

The room is a fairly sealed (no windows, solid doors) 13x23x8 rectangle.

3)Pipe organ fan?

Not particularly a pipe organ fan; was thinking more toward the 20-39+ or regular 20-39CS. Figure that's the best compromise between output and going low.

4)Do you want the system to be capable of reference level playback on action oriented DVDs?

Absolutely. The rest of my system has no problem reaching those levels, and I review DVDs of all stripes.

5)are you planning to set the speakers to small,large or will you likely be experimenting with various settings in this regard?

Currently I have my center/surround as small (90Hz cutoff) and my mains at 50Hz cutoff. It added something that running them above 90Hz didn't give, but that may change with a better sub.

>>Oh I think for the cost of any commercial subwoofer you could DIY one as good or better if you followed a good design and practiced solid construction methods. If you started with a 24" diameter sonotube...put a long throw 12 on each end...it would be hard to mess it up too bad along the way...

Are those classic "waterheater" designs with 2 12's going to compete with the CS+ line? I even considered something with 2 15's.

>>With extremely dynamic speakers like this...I would definitely consider a high output subwoofer system to match.(commercial or diy) It's not even so much about real loud volume level capability.When you get used too effortless dynamics, anything less from the subwoofer won't sound *right* to you. Believe me...I've had the big KLF30s in my living room for a few years now.

Yes, that's what I've always felt about my system with the current sub.

Norman

Jeffrey Chin

Second Unit
Tom,

I was involved with a dual 20-39pc purchase w/ someone I don't know. However, he has the receipt and it is under his name.

1) Would you honor the svs discount towards my purchase of a cs+ package if he could vouch for me? (After all, only you guys sell svs subs so there can be no bootleg subs of any kind)

2) Any pricing info for pc+ series? previous owner discounts?

Thanks

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Tom

Any word on if you will be offering the cs+ in different fabric colors?

Thanks

R~

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jeff,

E-mail us the particulars and we'll see. Split orders (if that's what your situation is) really are treated in house as single orders normally speaking. If the original buyer isn't taking advantage of the CS-Plus discount however we maybe can work something out. The discount offer ends 31 Jan so you need to move fast.

We may well offer introductory pricing on the PC-Plus when we start pre-orders. Keep in mind though that the design for the amp destined for that sub is still in the works, so it's really subwoofer "vaporware" at the moment. You can't count the PC-Plus Tom Vodhanel is beating on for test purposes ;^)

No plans to offer different fabric colors at this time. We thought we might be quickly driven by demand in this direction but honestly we get very few requests for anything but basic black.

Someday we hope to bring wood veneer finish prices down to earth (only the very costly SVS SS uses it now), but that's even farther off.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks