Romier was right on again (What else is new!)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe michaels, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

Well after the big heated debate about Steel Batallion and what reviewer was right and how many points were given blah blah blah, I decided to get off the fence. It started when I saw a guy picking up his giant box system at Gamestop. The Box itself was so cool I had to stop and take a closer look.

After asking how I could get one if I wanted, the Gamestop dude told me I could reserve one and get it in less than a week which is exactly what happened.

So I brought home this cool box and unpacked all the parts and put it together. It even comes with an allen wrench so you know this is one cool toy.

Ao I hooked this bad boy up, tossed aside a book marked 'vertical tank operation' as I do any manual that comes with anything and within minutes I was... well not getting too far and having the time of my life not getting far.
    Within a few minutes my son appeared and was amazed by the controller and the light show it was giving off with each correct button press and each time i took damage. Eventually I got the tank going a bit and as my wife appeared she grabbed the manual and started yelling at us how to operate the tank.
    Eventually my daughter appeared and she even wanted to play.
    Finally, my wife frustrated at our lack of proper tank operation, took the controls. Mind you this is a woman who won't play anything excpet Ms. Pac man, centipede and other classic era games/
    of course she ended up ejecting pretty quick.

So with that ends day one of Steel Batallion,but not before my son declared it one of the coolest games ever.

So thanks Romier for another great game recommendation!

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Congrats on the newest addition.

Its a really impressive title that will only get better once the online part comes out.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Wow. I'm surprised your wife tried to HELP you with the game rather than SCREAM at you for buying it. You are one lucky man.

5. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

I am having a very strong internal conflict with myself....the fairy on the left says: "the video's on ign look stupendous, and the controller and overall exprience seem kick-ass, and $200 now is better than $400 later on ebay........the other fairy says...i need to get with the times and get a ps2...

I really believe with such a controller with so much potential, Capcom would try and get max use out of it in terms of making more games for it...

6. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

7. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Very cool Joe, got the whole family into the act!

8. Doug Ennis

Doug Ennis Stunt Coordinator

Steel Battalion is going to go online? The lack of online play is the only reason I didn't buy it.

9. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

10. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

This Spring there will be an expansion pack that will include a new campaign and XBox Live support

11. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

12. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Capcom

13. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

14. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

I remember seeing photos of some Japanese players' SB/Tekki setups. Did anyone else see those, does anyone have a link? I just picked up SB and am completely awestruck at the level of detail.