Romeo & Juliet SE Commentary - Fantastic!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TheoGB, May 14, 2002.

1. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Sorry, I've had the DVD since it came out, but I only got round to trying the commentary out last night and I'd just like to say that this is one of the best I've heard since Fight Club's first three.
    Really lively, with all four members throwing stuff around, while keeping totally on-topic and giving you the stuff you need to know.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

I whole heartely agree with you on that one. This commentary is right up on my list with the Kevin Smith and Pixar commentary tracks. Anyone know if Molan Rouge has a commentary that's noteworthy?

Another fun commentary I listened to this weekend was the Masters of the Universe. It was director only but you could tell he really enjoyed making it.

And my current vote for worst commentary is Jerry Macguire. Most of the commentary was the 4 people saying that their favorite part is comming up, then silence until the part, then they all laugh and all talk at once. And Renee Zelwigger kept trying not to avoid anecdotes during the commentary.

Sorry for going off like that but R+J rules.

3. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Hmm. The commentary is a little weird on Jerry Maguire but did you watch the video version on the other disc? I watched that is it was there but I imagine it might be more random without it...

4. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

5. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

Vanilla Sky has a husband and wife commentary: Cameron Crowe and Nancy Wilson. Their kid even makes a brief appearance at the beginning.

6. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Nothing beats Almost Famous' Mother and Son one, though, Shirley? [​IMG]