rome?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Moore, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

Has anyone been to Rome, Itlay?

Im going there in March with my friends and we've decided to go all out and look for a really nice hotel there close to everything. Has anyone been? Whats the nicest and (looked-to-be) the most expensive and closest hotel you saw when you were there?

any suggestions would help

thanks,

anthony

2. Jose C

Jose C Extra

When I went to Rome for the first time last August, I stayed at the Hotel Internazionale on Via Sistina - at the time it was about 330,000 Lira per night (about $150 US at 2200 Lira per dollar) but Italy has now gone to Euros so it may be slightly different. The Internazionale is ok - the rooms were a little small and furnishings were older, but it did offer 3 very important things: 1) A/C (if you're there in summer) ; 2) Free breakfast in the mornings ; and 3) Perfect location. It (and any other hotel on Via Sistina) is walking distance to the Spanish Step, the Metro subway and just about everything else you'd want to see. I'd highly recommend walking to most of the sights in the central area, as cabs are expensive and hard to find sometimes (you're not allowed to "hail" them off the street like here - they sit at taxi stands). It's a 15 minute walk to the Pantheon from Via Sistina, and another 10-15 minutes to the Coliseum etc. Or you can take the subway to further sights (the Vatican, Baths of Caracalla). Via Sistina is also close to some great shopping and restaurants near the Piazza Barberini. There are some other nicer hotels on Via Sistina you could look into as well - I believe there was a Westin and/or a Sheraton there. Hope that helps!

3. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

thanks a lot...ill look into that one.

4. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

You could also try the Minerva and you will love Rome. My fav city in Italy.

5. Kim Donald

Kim Donald Stunt Coordinator

Kim Donald Houde-Martens
    The Excelsior on the Via Vittorio Veneto is wonderful 50s 60s euro-trash in a very "cool" way, think La Dolce vita, silver and glass chandeliers and marble for days.

Le Grand Hotel on Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in built in 1894 by César Ritz.

Hotel de la Ville (Inter-Continental) on Via Sistina Just at the top of the Spanish Steps if you can get a room on the top floors the view looks out on all of Rome.

kd