What's new

Roman Polanski's fearless vampire killers (1 Viewer)

ed richardson

Auditioning
hello guys and gals...does anyone know if roman polanski's 1967 vampire-comedy the fearless vampire killers will be released on dvd...i know it came out on laser and widescreen vhs... thanks

ed

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I hope this one gets released before I die. I'd really like to retire my pan'n'scan VHS copy (**SHUDDER**).
Link Removed

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Ed,
Yes, welcome to the HTF. You're yet another person (and one of many I might add) who has expressed great interest in seeing Fearless Vampire Killers released on DVD. This subject regularly comes up in the forum...it's obvious by now that Polanski's unique spoof of vampire films should be released. It's kind of ironic that I enjoy this film so much...I'm one of those horror fans who prefers their horror "straight", not tongue in cheek or diluted with a lot of humour. However, this is a personal favorite due to the scenery, atmosphere, and some genuinely funny scenes.
Ed, with the continued support by you and others, we will get Fearless Vampire Killers released on DVD.
Mark, sorry to hear you're stuck with a pan and scan version of this film on VHS; not to rub it in, but the widescreen version I have does the film justice at least somewhat.
John

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
The muscial version is opening on Broadway next year (with Michael Crawford in the lead). Hopefully this will move the needle a little bit on getting the film released on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks