Roman Polanski's fearless vampire killers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ed richardson, Dec 6, 2001.

1. ed richardson

ed richardson Auditioning

hello guys and gals...does anyone know if roman polanski's 1967 vampire-comedy the fearless vampire killers will be released on dvd...i know it came out on laser and widescreen vhs... thanks

ed

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

I proudly welcome you to the HTF, Ed! It's always nice to have another fan of this great film. Please post your support of this release at the following link. Most of the information you are requesting can be found here as well. Take good care.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ampire+killers

3. ed richardson

ed richardson Auditioning

THANKS for the warm welcome jeff[​IMG]

4. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

I hope this one gets released before I die. I'd really like to retire my pan'n'scan VHS copy (**SHUDDER**).
    [​IMG]

5. John Fleming

John Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Ed,
    Yes, welcome to the HTF. You're yet another person (and one of many I might add) who has expressed great interest in seeing Fearless Vampire Killers released on DVD. This subject regularly comes up in the forum...it's obvious by now that Polanski's unique spoof of vampire films should be released. It's kind of ironic that I enjoy this film so much...I'm one of those horror fans who prefers their horror "straight", not tongue in cheek or diluted with a lot of humour. However, this is a personal favorite due to the scenery, atmosphere, and some genuinely funny scenes.
    Ed, with the continued support by you and others, we will get Fearless Vampire Killers released on DVD.
    Mark, sorry to hear you're stuck with a pan and scan version of this film on VHS; not to rub it in, but the widescreen version I have does the film justice at least somewhat.
    John

6. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Supporting Actor

7. Bob Graham

Bob Graham Supporting Actor

Bob Graham
    The muscial version is opening on Broadway next year (with Michael Crawford in the lead). Hopefully this will move the needle a little bit on getting the film released on DVD.