What's new

ROLLING THUNDER where is the DVD? (1 Viewer)

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator
What is the deal with ROLLING THUNDER? what is holding this flick up for dvd release? anybody heard anything? William Devane and Tommy lee Jones, as Vietnam POW's scripted by Paul Schrader and directed by the underrated John Flynn. { and where is THE OUTFIT with Robert Duvall while I am at it.

walter o

Supporting Actor
well must MGM controls it, and has had a heavy rotation on cable tv awhile back, with MGM logo at the end of the film, but with Sony controling MGM now, who knows?

As for OUTFIT, WArner controls it, so I doubt this will see a DVD release anytime soon.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, it's questionable who has the rights to ROLLING THUNDER. I went to a screening last year with director John Irvin speaking and he says that it's all tied up in some sort of rights limbo. That was seconded by a friend at work (I work for one of the studios) who said that he asked Paul Schrader directly about the rights to remake it and he said that it was all a quagmire.

The movie holds up great, btw.

That, the aforementioned OUTFIT and 52 PICK UP are three of my most-wanted titles.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Rolling Thunder (1977) was released as an MGM MOD title a while back. It was being released by Optimum Releasing on Region 2 soon, but after checking on Amazon UK it's release has been pushed back to Monday 19th September, 2011. I thought Optimum were only releasing it on DVD. But there is also an Amazon UK listing page for a Blu-ray version of the film. The front cover artwork they have on Amazon UK isn't finalised, but it does look the same as one of the movie posters for Rolling Thunder, seen on the DVD Beaver review page for the MGM MOD release.

Have Optimum just started releasing some titles on Blu-ray as well, because I thought in the past they only released films (and TV shows - the only one I can think of being the original Avengers TV series) on DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks