What's new

Rolling Stones to be remastered in Hybrid SACD!!! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Anker

Stunt Coordinator
22 Stones recordings are to be released on August 20th on Hybrid SACDs from Universal.
Link Removed
Also, a new hybrid SACD plant is opening in the US!
Link Removed
-Matthew Anker
www.SACDmods.com

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Oh my God... I have tears in my eyes.

Here's the list from the website.

"England's Newest Hitmakers"

"12x5"

"The Rolling Stones Now"

"Out Of Our Heads"

"Out of Our Heads - U.K. Version"

"December's Children"

"Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass)"

"Aftermath"

"Aftermath - U.K. Version"

"Got Live If You Want It!"

"Between The Buttons"

"Between The Buttons - U.K. Version"

"Flowers"

"Their Satanic Majesties Request"

"Beggars Banquet"

"Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol.2)"

"Let It Bleed"

"Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out"

"Hot Rocks"

"More Hot Rocks"

"The Rolling Stones Singles Collection - The London Years"

"Metamorphosis - U.K. Version"

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I am in heaven. Keith and Rachael, how's this for big title action!
Nice scoop, Matt! I first saw this on AA and before I could type noticed your post.
Absolutely fabulous news!!! :D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee said:
I am in heaven. Keith and Rachael, how's this for big title action!
Here I am! Now this is huge! Now maybe Sony will follow suit and open up its vault. Funny, but I thought it would be the other way around. I thought Sony would release enough compelling titles on SACD to get the other labels on board. Sony needs to answer Universal's move with the Stones. Time to go broke on SACD! :D

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Universal isn't taking long on putting out some quality hybrid SACD's. LEts hope the rest of the studios follow Universal's lead. I am looking forward hearing the Stones in SACD. ;)
-Dean-

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The Rolling Stones CDs have not been remastered since they first came out, IIRC. It seems like they were doing a catalogue remaster anyway, and figured they'd tack on the SACD layer as well.
While it's a big step in the right direction, I wouldn't hold my breath for any of the music that has already been remastered (Dire Straits, Rush, King Crimson, Van Halen, etc).
As I'm a marginal Stones fan and can't really get into their albums, I'll be looking forward to getting both Hot Rock discs. :emoji_thumbsup:
NP: Miles Davis, Live at the Plugged Nickel, CD

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Sony needs to answer Universal move with the Stones. Time to go broke on SACD!
The problem is, who does Sony have that's comparable to the Stones?
Any idea as to on which format they'll release the (very relevant) Beatles? Isn't A&M part of Universal? If so, perhaps we (or I) can look forward to at least half the Procol Harum albums on SACD. Now THAT would push me way over the edge.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
That will be an expensive week for me!!

GO UNIVERSAL....

WOW....I am blown away

Stones in SACD!!!

Eric.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I've always wondered why the Stones and Beatles CDs have not been remastered. Remastering each band's complete works would be quite an effort, but people would certainly buy the CDs. Hopefully the CD layers on the Stones SACDs will be remastered and remastered well.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Marvin, Sony Music may not have one blockbuster artist like the Stones or Beatles (Capitol-EMI), but I would be very happy seeing more Dylan on SACD and some Springsteen as well. Regarding Dylan, I am mystified as to why Sony has released nothing besides Blonde on Blonde on SACD. Blonde on Blonde was one of Sony's first SACDs to be released and we've seen no Dylan since. That sucks. Anyway, I think it would be a big move if Sony released some of Dylan's early albums and Blood on the Tracks and Springsteen's Born to Run and Born in the U.S.A. on SACD.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike said:
Beatles remastered? Seems to make sense to me. Last I checked, the Beatles do have some sort of audience.
Yeah, they have a following of sorts. :laugh: I still remember watching NBC news out of New York City in 1987 the day the Beatles CDs went on sale. A reporter was out at one of the Tower Records stores, and the line to get in and buy Beatles CDs went on and on and on. Yeah, I can see why Capitol-EMI isn't putting the Beatles on SACD. :rolleyes

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'll buy 2 or 3 of those Stones SACD's. I'm not their biggest fan but even I know it's only rock'n'roll 'an I like it, like it, yes I do. The domino effect could happen......

ReggieW

Screenwriter
If Capitol-EMI is mostly in the DVD-A camp (which they are), then it is more than likely that the Beatles will PROBABLY appear on this format first - much to the chargin of the DVD-A bashers over at audio asylum. Yes, I visited that forum yesterday for only the second time to read news on the Rolling Stones announcement due to some recommendations here, and simply was overwhelmed with the amount of unobjective discussion over there. It consisted of lies (i.e., Toshiba & Panasonic has dropped DVD-A DUe to the Rolling Stones announcement), and gross exaggerations (i.e., Warner had dropped DVD-A for SACD) regarding the advantages and disadvantages of each format. In fact, some of the pro-SACD posters were flat out rude, and would spam DVD-A threads when a nice title (Night at the Oprea) came along which received glowing reviews and purchasers were happy with it. I wonder if A Night at the Opera was released in DSD would it receive this ridiculous display of bashing? This behavior probably would be banned from the HTF by an Admin if they were on this board - and rightly so (I've heard several AA members refer to the HTF Mods as "fascist"). The Audio asylum board makes me glad to be a proud HTF member.

Reg

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I've mostly held off buying the Abcko CDs (except Singles, Let It Bleed, Big Hits 1 & 2, Beggars Banquet, and Ya Ya's) because I knew someday this day would come.

August 20 is going to be an expensive day!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Reggie, Audio Asylum can be an excellent source of information on SACD (unfortunately, less for DVD-Audio), but I agree with you. Audio Asylum can't hold a candle to the HTF. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks