What's new

Rolling Stones on HBO: HD? (1 Viewer)

JayJ

Auditioning
Has anyone heard whether or not the Rolling Stones' live concert on HBO will be broadcast in HD on January 18th?

HBO's website schedule for their HD feed does not indicate this is the case...just wondering (hoping) if someone has heard otherwise.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Yuk?
Hey, the Glimmer Twins were on the telly for over 2 hours, that's enough for me!
This was the big payoff for setting up an HT around the girlfriend's 55" RPTV. I loved the concert. I even guessed correctly that Jumpin' Jack Flash was gonna close the show.

Greg Hoffman

Auditioning
:thumbsdown: What a lost opportunity! DirecTV and HBO really messed this one up! Poor Dolby 2.0 sound, even DPLII couldn't pull much out of it; had me running through all the sound fields on my Onkyo 898. And the picture transmission---not only not HD, but also it appeared that DirecTV compressed HBO 501 much more than they usually do, awash in artifacts. NOT a big event!

cwhite

Second Unit
I agree with Greg. When HBO broadcasted Britney Spears and Janet Jackson concert, both came with 5.1 Dolby Digital.

LewB

Screenwriter
What's the name of the song that Keith played that was used to close out a Soprano's episode ? I've looked at the HBO web site and haven't seen any titles listed that ring a bell.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
thru(sp?) and thru. it's off voodoo lounge, if keith has his facts straight.

when i saw them in boston a bit over a week ago, keith introduced it with(paraphrased) "this next one's off the steel wheels album, ah...er....no, the voodoo lounge one, that's it!"

Tom McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
Hey did anyone but my son and I notice that during one of Keiths songs on the big screen which played behind him you could see Charlie picking his nose. Made the show worth watching to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks