Rollergirls is getting a full 1st season! Why not Inked, or Dog?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Bryan^H, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

I watched Rollergirls last night, and loved it. I'm sure I will enjoy this series, and will definately buy the complete first season when it's released. I'm really puzzled as to why A&E is releasing the whole first season of this series, but Inked, and Dog only get a Best Of dvd release. What's up with that? If anyone has an idea or reason behind this, let's hear it.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

While I've never seen Rollergirls, I can imagine that the show's T & A factor means it'll sell more copies than Dog and Inked combined. [​IMG]

3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

ROLLERGIRLS (which wasn't bad) is a much higher profile show. They are advertising it like crazy. Have multi page ads in magazines, had several cast members on the TODAY SHOW yesterday.

Plus, with it from the creators of LAGUNA BEACH (which did well on DVD) I think they know how important that market is.

Meanwhile DOG and INKED are much smaller shows (I've never seen either). The audience isn't quite at the level of what they expect ROLLERGIRLS to be at.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Crap, crap, crap, crap, CRAP. I *meant* to mention that in my news story, and I forgot! Gulp!

Crap.