What's new

rollerball got 2.7 at imdb? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
how many of you have seen that movie? how come my favorite director made a movie as bad as 2.7 out of 10?????

i havent seen it since i prefer to watch every movie in my home theater, so i am really dissapointed to see that rollerball got 2.7.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The filmmakers remade a movie that is a "cult classic" with a very small audience factor. Then the original version of the film was rated R and they further eliminate the audience quotient by insisting that the remake be rated PG-13.

Not to mention that the original 1975 Rollerball was a social-political satire and the remade 2002 Rollerball has none of this flavor.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I just watched this last night! I was waiting to hook up with a friend of mine, so I stepped into the film to see how bad it was (I work at the theater, so luckily it was free).
I should say first that I'm a big fan of the original. One of my favorite films. That being said, the new Rollerball was bad. BAD. I agree with the above, how did John McTiernan go so low? I've no idea what has caused the downfall, but a downfall it is and the proof is in theaters now.
I thought the direction was sloppy, the acting ridiculous, the action contrived and uninteresting and the plot hamhanded at best. It had none of the depth the original had in commenting on social and political possibilities, but that would have been okay with me if it had at least worked as a brainless (but fun) action flick. It couldn't even pull that off.
Stay away. Stay far, far away.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yep, the only way it gets a 2.7 is if people are artificially raising the score.
A terrible, terrible film. The fact that it was cut to match a PG-13 rating is not an excuse for the film to be this bad. This movie is bad to the core with terrible dialogue, action, sets, and story.:thumbsdown:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Rollerball is one of the few theatrical releases out right now that I haven't seen yet, but 2.7 seems kinda low... even for a movie this (reportedly) awful!
What did Battlefield Earth get? :D

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
it was so bad it was good. as in it was hilarious to laugh at just how bad it was. that's the only explenation for the high score of 2.7.

boioioioing

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks