What's new

International Rollerball (1975) Arrow Blu Ray. (1 Viewer)

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Robin9 said:
While I would not dream of questioning the skill and diligence of Mr. MacKenzie, I have to ask why do you believe he will do a better job that Twilight Time? Is it your opinion that the Twilight Time disc is sub-standard?
In my opinion yes it is, but Arrow will be using the same master so will be very similar (good but not stellar), again though we will have to wait and see. I have seen his work on films in the past and I have seen some of TT's . I am only to pleased that this is now available to anyone who wants it.

PS
Wait for it ! :rolleyes:

U

UseY0ur1llusi0n

haineshisway said:
Why is this fantastic news? It will be the exact same transfer as the Twilight Time release, with many of the same extras.

Oh my goodness, I am so excited to pick up this stellar release from Arrow!

:dance:

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry

Attachments

• 11040775.jpg
    11040775.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 11040776.jpg
    11040776.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 32

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
AshJW said:
Oh yes, now I can see it with my eyes 2 inches from the screen. It's so slightly that it is almost no difference.

I think that's what I said, I take it you have the TT release?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
tele1962 said:
I do and based on that comparison link, I doubt I'll be double-dipping on this title as I'm satisfied with the TT release.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
Robert Crawford said:
I do and based on that comparison link, I doubt I'll be double-dipping on this title as I'm satisfied with the TT release.

I can't say as I blame you. If your not really bothered about the new extras it is a close call.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
tele1962 said:
Yes, it is what you said. ;)

No, I don't have the TT.

Accually I'm glad there's no significant difference, so I can go with the Arrow release as the TT is sold out.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Robert Crawford said:
It's exactly the same. People see what they wish to see. The bit rate on the TT, for those who care for such things, is very high.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
haineshisway said:
Better encode? How do you know? Encode is the new teal.

How do I know..........( slightly ) better grain structure. You lost me with the " new teal " quote?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I completely disagree about "slightly better grain structure" and the use of the word "encode" has become as tiresome as the use of the word "teal."

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
haineshisway said:
I completely disagree about "slightly better grain structure" and the use of the word "encode" has become as tiresome as the use of the word "teal."

It is there but if you can't see it so be it. How would saying a Blu Ray movie have better compression (Authoring/Encode) be tiresome, either way it can make or break PQ depending on how it's applied imo?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I don't see that it was applied any differently, frankly, but obviously you see what you wish to see and I see what I see - both discs have excellent authoring (no one calls it an encode except on these boards) with healthy bit rates - the grain is the same, the transfer is the same and I see not one whit of difference when I view them side by side.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
haineshisway said:
I don't see that it was applied any differently, frankly, but obviously you see what you wish to see and I see what I see - both discs have excellent authoring (no one calls it an encode except on these boards) with healthy bit rates - the grain is the same, the transfer is the same and I see not one whit of difference when I view them side by side.

Ah right, as I said very close for arguments sake. I would have loved to have seen a new scan of this but alas that for now is not going to happen.

Authoring/Encoding splitting hairs somewhat?

PS

Lets just say then, value for money Arrow wins. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks