What's new

Roller Derby Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Would anyone be interested in some of the old '70's Roller Derby Shows? ESPN Classic used to show them and I thought they were a real hoot! i'd certainly buy them.

Randy

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Like you, I have a guilty-pleasure feeling toward those old Roller Derby games. I doubt very seriously if we will ever see any of them on DVD.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
What ESPN showed was Roller Games, not Roller Derby. 2 different leagues, 2 different styles of play, 2 different ownerships (at least until Derby folded). Unfortunately, all of the tapes of Roller Games from its heyday, 1967-74 were discarded. All that's left are the inferior games from the late 70s and early 80s. In any case, since it has been out of the public eye for so long, there is really not much of a market for it.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator

I think that depends on when you watched them. If the ones on ESPN are all you know or remember then they don't seem inferior. They're the same kind of cheesy fun you remember watching in the mid to late '70's and '80's.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

There are two active leagues in Austin. How do I say this without sounding sexist? Oh yeah, they're hot chicks. :)

Mark To

Supporting Actor

Good point. Kind of like people thinking Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan is the best James Bond. Or whoever that was in the syndicated Untouchables being the real Elliot Ness.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Okay, I didn't understand a word you said but Ronnie Raines was awesome, although much better bad than good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks