Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SarahG, Sep 27, 2004.

1. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I remember I played a ripoff game where you design a whole theme park and have to make sure your customers like it. Very reminiscent of the Sims, elements like if you didn't have enough bathroom your customers would leave, etc... Designing coasters was just a side part of it.

For RCT do you design other parts of the theme park to keep the people happy or just coasters period?

IGN link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/544/544581p1.html

3. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    You design the whole park. I've already got this pre-ordered. Can't wait until it comes out.

4. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

ITs awesome...you have to have food..and clean paths and suveniurs and you control the maintenance, park design, scenery and security. you should check out the demo

5. BobbyPerry

BobbyPerry Stunt Coordinator

The demo for this is fun. I am definitely waiting for the full version though. I pre-ordered the game and can't wait to get it. I love that Roller Coaster Tycoon is now 3D. That adds another whole element to the mix for me.

6. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I played the first one quite a bit but didn't buy the expansions or RCT2. There just wasn't enough in there to keep me buying.

But I downloaded the demo for 3 yesterday and it looks AMAZING. When it changes to night and the lights come on, it's really pretty beautiful.

7. BobbyPerry

The day to night stuff is really cool. Have you checked out the fireworks at night yet? They are amazing. Let me know what you think.

8. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

My kids and I played the first one for many hours, but never really got into the sequel at all, as many of the scenarios were needlessly complex in their layouts, making the initial setup of the trails very tedious. Hoping RCT3 brings the fun back into the gameplay.

9. BobbyPerry

They just came out with a new demo that is really cool. It seems like it is more like what the full version of the game will be. Try it here and let me know what you guys think.

10. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    Yes, the new demo was worth the 12hr download(still on dialup). Lots of improvements over the 1st demo. I can't wait for this to come out. Hopefully all the rumors of pre-orders coming out the 26th-27th come true.

11. BobbyPerry

I've heard stuff too, and I would like it, but I'll just be happy to have it in my hands no matter what. A lot of the previous issues were definitely fixed in the second demo, so I bet the game will be great.

12. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    My order at Gamestop has switched from Pre-Order to Processing. Can't wait.

13. BobbyPerry

You have to let me know what you think as soon as you start playing, and I will do the same. I can't wait to play. I heard there is going to be something called a tilt coaster where you can stop the ride, the car tilts 90 degrees and goes straight down into a tunnel. That sounds pretty cool.

14. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    Will do. About to send an email to Gamestop. The code they sent me for the coaster downloads says it is invalid.

15. BobbyPerry

Did you get the code stuff worked out? I want to know about this tilt coaster thing too. It sounds really cool. My friend told me about it, and I'm not sure how smart/right he is, so I'd really like to find more out. Anyways, how has it been so far?

16. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    Still no news on the code. Gamestop said Atari is aware of the situation and it should be corrected soon. The game arrived earlier today but I haven't had time to really play. I have to work 12am-8:45am tonight, so I've been sleeping most of the day. I'll report back when I can. What I have seen so far I have liked. Everything runs smooth, the rides and peeps look great. I'm off all day tomorrow, so I'll be able to put more time in then.

17. BobbyPerry

Nice. I can't wait to hear what you think! I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm itching to play.

18. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    So far I am having a blast. I've tried importing quite a few RCT1 and RCT2 rides into the game and they have all worked great. The game even searches your harddrive to see what rides you have. I can see myself playing this game for a very long time.

19. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

RudyN - did you preorder the game? ANd if so can you share with us the cool extra coasters?

Also - how is it compared to the demo...better?

20. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    Yes I did pre-order the game. The code situation has not been resolved by Gamestop, but a nice person by the handle of Cyclone over at RCT2.com helped me solve the problem by giving me the direct link to the file download, along with the filenames for the other pre-order coasters. Way better than the demo. Just came back with the guide from EB. If you guys want the links to the coaster downloads, let me know and I'll post them.

Rudy