Roll Over Beethoven

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jordan_E, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

My wife gave me my Christmas present early last night (since she is going to NYC with her sisters and I get to babysit, she felt guilty!) and I received a pair of Vienna Beethovens. First thing I did after lugging these heavy bad boys up into my HT room was put on a CD (Elton John's Greatest Hits), set my receiver for STEREO, and immediately enjoyed the WOW Factor. The music sounded terrific, and after a little adjusting, John's vocals came loud and clear from directly between the speakers. Didn't think I could get the effect so well in such a small room; heard the speakers at Magnolia Audio/Video and was impressed, but that was a much larger room with more expensive equipment. I even checked my center speaker to make sure it wasn't in use, the sound was that clear. But with even a little more tweaking, position-wise, I expect an even better experience. Didn't have a chance to spin a DVD yet, but will later tonight. Now I have to go out and get a better Christmas present for my wife... [​IMG]

2. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

How did you get such a knowledgeable wife about home audio (most women I know couldn't care less about gear) ... and does she have a sister?[​IMG]

3. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

She's had a lot of coaching over the last 15 years...[​IMG] And, like Ralphie in A Christmas Story, it doesn't hurt to drop a lot of hints!