What's new

Roku & Aspect Ratio (1 Viewer)

xforestx

Auditioning
Real Name
Forest
I just got a Roku 2 so I could eliminate having to use my computer all the time to watch shows. After hooking it up, I realized it does not have an option to change the aspect ratio, and its driving me crazy. I have a 4:3 Emerson TV set that is no more than 15 yrs old. When I spoke with Roku about this, they told me it was up to the tv set to change the AR. But like most older sets, it does not have this option. So I'm stuck with 16:9 video stretched to fill a 4:3 frame.

I've never had this problem with any other device. By the way, I am running the HDMI signal through a converter, then it goes into my TV by S-Video. Not sure if maybe the converter is causing the TV to recognize it as a 4:3 signal. Here is the converter I'm using. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GGFY6LW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Does anyone know of a simple cheap device that I could run the signal through, which could change the AR? Basically all it would do is add black bars to the video when needed. I've been searching but haven't found anything. It doesn't need to do anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks