What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: Andor with Diego Luna (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
They are preparing to start filming, so the sizzle reel here is mostly behind the scenes and concept art.

”Andor” will be 12 episodes.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This has finished filming (12 episodes, wow!), and Diego Luna says to expect "familiar faces." I'm excited about this show; I think it sounds great.

BTW, can we change the title of this thread to include the name "Andor"? I had troubling finding the thread, and it's useful to keep all our info about it one place.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Apparently, Stellan Skarsgard says Andor will have a second season.

However, I take this to mean something different: Whereas Andor has been said to be 12 episodes long, and most Disney+ shows are 6 episodes, I think the "12 episodes" we've heard mentioned are simply two Disney+ seasons. I'd love to be wrong and we get 24 episodes, but I think not.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, Stellan Skarsgard says Andor will have a second season.

However, I take this to mean something different: Whereas Andor has been said to be 12 episodes long, and most Disney+ shows are 6 episodes, I think the "12 episodes" we've heard mentioned are simply two Disney+ seasons. I'd love to be wrong and we get 24 episodes, but I think not.
I don't think they would say season 2 if they meant 2nd half of season 1. One thing we have learned from Disney plus Star Wars/ Marvel shows is the number of episodes can be all over the place even breaking the even number episodes standard.
While 6 episodes is the most common we had both seasons of mandalorian at 8 episodes, Wandavision at 9 episodes and Book of Boba at 7 episodes. And She-Hulk is listed as being 10 episodes. I think with Andor being 12 episodes the episodes will average 30 minutes instead of 45-50 minutes like the 6 episode series.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they would say season 2 if they meant 2nd half of season 1.
I agreed with Sam but I did wonder in what world would Stellan Skarsgard know or care that they were splitting the episodes into two seasons but at the same time, a 12 episode season today is highly suspicious. Tell me there's a 3 or 4 episode season and I'll believe it completely but double digits? What is this 2009? :laugh:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's entirely likely that they wrote 12 scripts for the show, and only filmed 6 so far. These are big productions, so a 12 episode season would be very expensive, more so than usual.

More significantly, 12 episodes takes up 12 weeks on the Disney+ calendar. In a year when they are also premiering Obi-Wan (6 episodes), The Mandalorian season 3 (8 episodes), and numerous Marvel shows (Moon Knight - 6, Ms Marvel - ?, She Hulk - ?, etc.), that's a lot of content. Disney isn't (at least yet) in the habit of airing more than one Star Wars/Marvel show at a time.

BTW, speaking of "Star Wars/Marvel," I think they should join them together and make a series called Jaxxon.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
But Andor was announced as 12 episodes early last year so I doubt they would have decided to count that as 2 seasons 8 months later. Plus they had stated that all the shows will be roughly 6 hours total. How many episodes they get depends on how short the episodes are so I expect Andor will be shorter episodes around 30 minutes each. Sooner or later Disney plus will start overlapping shows as more get produced.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
BTW, speaking of "Star Wars/Marvel," I think they should join them together and make a series called Jaxxon.
Marvel did some real weird shit with Star Wars back in 1977/78 and I love that LFL didn't care.
Jaxxon | Wiki | Star Wars Amino

For the record, Jaxxon has been established in comic books in the new continuity and a rabbit skeleton in Jaxxon's jumpsuit was in The Clone Wars (or maybe Rebels).
Jaxxon T. Tumperakki | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Bad Batch ran something like 18 episodes so I don’t think this will necessarily be six.
And Bad Batch also overlapped other Marvel Shows and I believe What If....? did as well. With Andor being 12 episodes and She-Hulk being 10 and both being rumored to be released somewhere between September to November we will see some overlaps there.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It just occurred to me that it’d be great to see Biggs show up in Andor.

I guess many or any of the Rebels characters could pop up (Hera seems the most possible to me). And it seems likely that many of the Rebellion higher-ups from Rogue One would be on too or even pilots from RO or the original movie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I always thought Biggs, especially as he looked in the deleted scenes, looked very cool and wanted to see him in action. There’ll never be a better time, and it makes sense he’d be active in the Rebellion at the time of Andor.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^ Unfortunately, Biggs is only in the Rebellion proper for maybe a whole week, tops, before his death -- he visits Tatooine one last time right after receiving his billet as XO aboard the freighter Rand Ecliptic, but within the immediate next days, he jumps ship and joins the resistance at Yavin Base.

I guess you could MAAAYBE tweak part of that to him being a Rebel-sympathizer during the months/years prior to ANH, and therefore have him pop up on Andor as an informant or something (especially during his Imperial Academy-days on Carida), but according to Wookieepedia, the TV show supposed is to take place something like half a decade before that movie (5 BBY), so they'd have to figure something out, there.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Unfortunately, Biggs is only in the Rebellion proper for maybe a whole week, tops, before his death -- he visits Tatooine one last time right after receiving his billet as XO aboard the freighter Rand Ecliptic, but within the immediate next days, he jumps ship and joins the resistance at Yavin Base.
I know that's all in the deleted Anchorhead scenes and it was maintained for the Expanded Universe but are the deleted scenes considered canon by LFL? I figure there's probably a recent guidebook that has canonized the scene or its history but I'm just wondering if that's official. Even if it's not, I'd assume they will abide by that scene and it's probably why Biggs didn't pop up as a pilot at Scariff in Rogue One.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I know that's all in the deleted Anchorhead scenes and it was maintained for the Expanded Universe but are the deleted scenes considered canon by LFL? I figure there's probably a recent guidebook that has canonized the scene or its history but I'm just wondering if that's official. Even if it's not, I'd assume they will abide by that scene and it's probably why Biggs didn't pop up as a pilot at Scariff in Rogue One.

Yup, pretty much all of the deleted-scene backstory has since gotten Disney-recanonized (by guidebooks, natch :D), which, as you mention, is very likely why Rogue One didn't use him in that movie:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks