What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: Andor with Diego Luna (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is a show about a hero who kills innocent people? Great!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I agree, that idea makes more sense to me as a series than as a one-off film.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I bet Solo series is in consideration if not in the works. The actor is young and he probably signed a multi picture contract.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've been saying it since Solo came out but I think that was the one SW movie since 1983 or even 1980 that didn't get a lot of hatred. Considering the bitchiness of the SW fanbase, that's actually quite a feat.

It just sort of came and went with a whimper, IMO.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Certain segments of the fan base still had their pants in a bunch over The Last Jedi, which had been out for five months at that point.

Well, that discussion has been beaten to death. No reason to bring it up again in a thread that has nothing to do with Solo.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I might be in the minority but I actually kind of liked Solo and they should have continued that as a series

I thought it started out awkwardly; however, once Solo hooked up with Beckett and the crew the story started to move at a better pace and became more STAR WARS-like.

It ended up turning out better than I expected, given its rocky history and the fact that it was exploring a backstory that a lot of people, including myself, didn't think needed exploring.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I liked everything about Solo except the Cinematography. If we could actually see beautiful images, I bet it would have done better. You just couldn't see anything, why should we expect people to go back and see it again?

Its score was also great. Much better than Rogue One.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I might be in the minority but I actually kind of liked Solo and they should have continued that as a series
Agree 100%! I think Solo’s reputation is actually quite a bit better than some would think and when it finally comes to Disney+ it’s popularity could even grow, leading to demand for more. A Disney+ series continuation of it could be very well received.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Genevieve O'Reilly (reprising the role of Mon Mothma!) and Denise Gough have also joined the cast:

And StarWars.com says this takes place "five years before the events of Rogue One":

https://www.starwars.com/news/new-casting-announced-for-cassian-andor-live-action-series

Tony Gilroy (Michael Clayton) is now the showrunner with Dan Gilroy (NIGHTCRAWLER), Beau Willimon (HOUSE OF CARDS) and Stephen Schiff (THE AMERICANS) as his creative droogs.

With the brain-trust they've assembled, I can't wait for this. It isn't just going to be wacky adventures with Cassian and K-2SO, it's going to be a spy/political thriller with a much larger cast of characters. We'll get to see behind the curtains of the Rebellion, Empire, and criminal cartels. We could theoretically see Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Enfys Nest, Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett, Emilia Clarke's Qi'ra, Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano, Jimmy Smits's Bail Organa, Giancarlo Esposito's Moff Gideon, Forest Whitaker's Saw Gerrera, Ben Mendelsohn's Director Krennic, etc.

Glad that Gilroy climbed onboard to right this particular ship, especially given how close Disney was to finally pulling the plug on the whole thing last year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Genevieve O'Reilly (reprising the role of Mon Mothma!) and Denise Gough have also joined the cast:

And StarWars.com says this takes place "five years before the events of Rogue One":

https://www.starwars.com/news/new-casting-announced-for-cassian-andor-live-action-series

Tony Gilroy (Michael Clayton) is now the showrunner with Dan Gilroy (NIGHTCRAWLER), Beau Willimon (HOUSE OF CARDS) and Stephen Schiff (THE AMERICANS) as his creative droogs.

With the brain-trust they've assembled, I can't wait for this. It isn't just going to be wacky adventures with Cassian and K-2SO, it's going to be a spy/political thriller with a much larger cast of characters. We'll get to see behind the curtains of the Rebellion, Empire, and criminal cartels. We could theoretically see Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Enfys Nest, Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett, Emilia Clarke's Qi'ra, Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano, Jimmy Smits's Bail Organa, Giancarlo Esposito's Moff Gideon, Forest Whitaker's Saw Gerrera, Ben Mendelsohn's Director Krennic, etc.

Glad that Gilroy climbed onboard to right this particular ship, especially given how close Disney was to finally pulling the plug on the whole thing last year.
They damn well better show how Saw Gerera lost his leg and messed up his voice! Also, everything is better with Jimmy Smits so I definitely hope he pops up.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
They damn well better show how Saw Gerera lost his leg and messed up his voice! Also, everything is better with Jimmy Smits so I definitely hope he pops up.

Yup -- with Mon Mothma now in the show full-time, it's practically guaranteed that Bail Organa will pop up too at some point (Cassian Andor already shown as being somewhat in their orbit during Rogue One). Plus it would be extremely consistent with Star Wars: Rebels, too,

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It is certainly worth stressing that, despite the turmoil that has existed behind the scenes of many Star Wars projects, this change was not brought about by any creative differences, but but real-world effects intruding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks