What's new

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (1 Viewer)

Should Rogue One have the usual Star Wars crawl?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Or Suicide Squad or X-Men or Ghostbusters or Independence Day or Alice In Wonderland or The Purge or Tarzan or Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children or The Huntsman or Warcraft or Gods Of Egypt or... etc. I didn't even mind some of those movies but I can't see any argument of them being better than Rogue One.

Oooh, I'd forgotten Independence Day: Resurgence and Gods of Egypt... <shudder>

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
It works on that level but in the reality of the movie, Krennic only gave more time for the Ersos to run for it or arm themselves. I do like the visual contrast of Krennic in white walking against the black dirt and the green grass though.

Yeah me too. That may just be what got my attention. The wind and rain. IDK kind of cool and eerie.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The hovering TIE was an image without a story point, and it only existed for the sake of the trailer, capturing the David vs. Goliath tone of the nascent Rebellion and the overpowering Empire.

“It was something the marketing team fell in love with,” Edwards says. “We knew it would not be in the film. It’s one of those things where all the trailers are put together way before the film comes out. It wasn’t a specific part of the story.”

Rogue One revisions

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The hovering TIE was an image without a story point, and it only existed for the sake of the trailer, capturing the David vs. Goliath tone of the nascent Rebellion and the overpowering Empire.

“It was something the marketing team fell in love with,” Edwards says. “We knew it would not be in the film. It’s one of those things where all the trailers are put together way before the film comes out. It wasn’t a specific part of the story.”
[As I've said, it's in the novelization so that shot (it's so brief in the novel that you can't even call it a scene) was either in the script or the author loved the shot from the trailer so much that they put it in.]EDIT: *BZZZZZZZZ* I am wrong. I looked at the novelization and that TIE Fighter part is NOT in the novelization. I must have had that shot on the brain when I read the book because the TIE that the book is talking about is the one that shoots the walkway that Jyn is on as its racing by (which is in the movie). I apologize to the many people whose lives that I've ruined with my inaccuracy. :)

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
One of the most iconic moments of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is when Darth Vader faces off against a group of Rebel soldiers in a darkened hallway. Director Gareth Edwards recently sat down with Wired to discuss the making of that final scene. He reveals that the scene was a late addition, being shot only four months before the film's release. He also spoke about the difficulty in recreating the Death Star plans prop that Leia places in R2 in A New Hope, as well as what it was like filming his own cameo in that scene.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Gareth Edwards' reason for choosing his cameo had me laughing out loud. That and the revelation that he literally stole the Death Star plans.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Less than 75 minutes of extras on the blu. Was hoping for more.
I figured there'd be 90 minutes (or my most optimistic hope was 2 hours) but it's a sign of the times when a massive hit has that few features.

Do people actually have the Blu ray, I thought it came out April 4th.
Yeah, it's April 4. Maybe reviewers have gotten copies?

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Or Suicide Squad or X-Men or Ghostbusters or Independence Day or Alice In Wonderland or The Purge or Tarzan or Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children or The Huntsman or Warcraft or Gods Of Egypt or... etc. I didn't even mind some of those movies but I can't see any argument of them being better than Rogue One.

MISS PEREGRINE"S etc was a gem of a movie.I loved it. Never saw any of the others and don't care to.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Less than 75 minutes of extras on the blu. Was hoping for more.

There was never going to be extensive special features for this (and it looks as if like 90 percent of the features are about the characters with maybe some brief EPK style stuff). Disney clearly doesn't want much behind the scenes stuff revealed.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't know, 75 minutes is a lot! It's not like it's nothing. The Phantom Menace documentary was 66 minutes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There was never going to be extensive special features for this (and it looks as if like 90 percent of the features are about the characters with maybe for brief EPK style stuff). Disney clearly doesn't want much behind the scenes stuff revealed.
I don't think it has to do with the movie's apparently tumultuous production because there's plenty of existing EPK promo stuff that they could have put on the disc and didn't. It's just that the disc is going to sell the same with 75 minutes or 4 hours of behind the scenes stuff.

EDIT: Also, they're putting out a book called Making Rogue One: A Behind-The-Scenes Oral History in October. If LFL/Disney can put out a book that is unlikely to get into any real dirt (assuming it even exists), they can put out a bunch of special features that avoid potentially problematic areas.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have always watched all the extras with discs I have bought, but lately I am getting really tired of everyone patting each other on the back and saying how wonderful they all were. This is usually the tone of all extras for all new movies, even big flops. I much prefer the commentary tracks etc. on catalogue titles like say Casablanca, which truly have the perspective time gives.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't know, 75 minutes is a lot! It's not like it's nothing. The Phantom Menace documentary was 66 minutes.
There were four hours of commentary alone on The Phantom Menace. Not to mention all the video based content. Waaay more than the puny 75 minutes on R1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks