What's new

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (2 Viewers)

Should Rogue One have the usual Star Wars crawl?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I was lucky to catch this on the last day it was in the theaters in my local area. I did not have any expectations for this film, but ended up really liking it, as it was interesting to see the Star Wars universe from the point of view of "regular" folks.

Have to say, reading "Catalyst" ahead of time, did add more for me, as well as to the character of Krennic. Also why I held off watching this film until around now.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The press release isn't out yet so we don't know for sure.

Amazon.uk is taking preorders for a 3D version so even if there isn't a domestic release, it should still be available.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Most 3D fans won't be able to wait and will end up with both copies. That's why it's such an effective marketing strategy.

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
The Steelbook that Best Buy will be getting is VERY DIFFERENT from the steelbook that came before it.
There is a reason why very different is in all caps. That is because this version is a 4 disc and is 3D.. The Press Release should be arriving sometime this week.

FYI: The date of "4/4" is a no brainer because Netflix usually gets films 30 days AFTER retail.. So, What is 30 days after April 4th?.....'MAY 4Th" of 'course.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How is this possible that they are releasing 3D home movies? I think I read somewhere that all major TV manufacturers stopped making 3D TVs. Is this true? I heard 3D is dead for home theater.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You seem to be forgetting the large number of 3D displays, projectors, and players *already* in people's homes Sam. Just because TV manufacturers are dropping 3D doesn't mean there still isn't a viable market for the software.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
People have to change their tech stuff to get the new technology. When they go upgrade to HDR, there will be no 3D TV.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I bought both the 3D and non 3D for Ep7. I haven't even bothered to watch the 3D version of Ep7.

I saw Rogue One in both IMAX 3D and standard 2D presentation. I didn't find anything compelling in the 3D version in R1 to make me do the same for this movie. I'll be buying the 2D on release date. They'll have to do something special, pull out all the stops, to get me to buy the 3D version later. Likely my next purchase of R1 will be on 4K.

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
Judging from the press release: It looks like the 3D Bluray will be an exclusive for both Best Buy AND target.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I hope they do a better job on the Making of this time than what they did for The Force Awakens. TFA making of, was so bland, so fluff and boring.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There are many great Making ofs. I don't know why they don't make them like before. For example The Phantom Menace making of is a great documentary. It's magical and much more interesting and entertaining than the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks