What's new

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (1 Viewer)

Should Rogue One have the usual Star Wars crawl?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Obviously. Did anyone think it would? I'll say it does about $500 million domestically.
I have no clue what they're projecting but I'd be surprised if it makes that much. Looking at Box Office Mojo's top 10 list, I think it'll do a little better than Captain America (about $400 million) but I don't think it'll get that close to Finding Dory (nearly $500 million). Not like there would be any shame in making more than $400 million and coming in second place for the year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's a Star Wars comic book mini-series starting on December 7. Everything about it- even the title- is 'classified' right now so it's probably related to Rogue One. Since the mini-series is coming out before the movie, I'm guessing that the next trailer will reveal whatever they're currently keeping secret.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
R1_Payoff_1Sht_v6_lg.jpg

I like the shadow of Vader in the upper left.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The trailer looks terrific:

The photography is beautiful, and it's nice to see some more of Jyn's story fleshed out. I remain not the least bit worried about those reshoots, which plenty of people seem to still be talking about.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I agree. If the trailer is an accurate representation of the finished effects and cinematography throughout the film, it seems to me that this has the potential to be the best LOOKING Star Wars film to date. I haven't been all that excited about Rogue One so far, and I'm still not really, but I want to go see it just to experience that look up on the big screen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I remain not the least bit worried about those reshoots, which plenty of people seem to still be talking about.
Yeah, reshoots are so common on big movies today that they indicate nothing. Awesome movies have had reshoots and crappy movies have had them.

I'm still abiding by my 'no trailers' rule but these Star Wars trailers always make me want to break it.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Anyone has a direct download link to the large Quick Time version?

I agree that this movie is the best looking Star Wars movie EVER, even the original trilogy. Everything looks real and trailers are the worst medium, they make the smallest CG effects look cartoony and bad.

The effects that look good and acceptable in a theater, could look bad and CG in a web trailer. Since day one, teaser one, all of the Rogue One shots looked real.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I liked that trailer better than the previous ones. All of the strengths of the previous ones, without the clunky dialogue.

And whether or not it turns out to be a good Star Wars movie, it's pretty clear at this point that it will be a strong contender for the most beautiful looking Star Wars movie. Given that The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith are (in my not-humble-enough opinion) among the most beautiful looking films ever made, that's really saying something.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I'm probably in the minority but I've never been a big fan of Forest Whitaker. :( he played a sweet man in the film Phenomenon but just not a fan. Something about his voice throws me off. I know that sounds picky. But yeah; That trailer looks so damn awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks