What's new

Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II for GC (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
More Hoth pics over at Link Removed . Oooh look at all the little people...
Dan (UK)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how long Factor 5 has been developing this game. I think I read somewhere that it has been about less than a year, and the demo shown at the last Spaceworld was put together in about 19 days so that they could say to the public that they were making a new Star Wars game. Does anyone know where I can find out how long games have been in development or how long they were in development for?

Dan B

Screenwriter
Bumping this Rogue Leader thread with some new eye candy.
-Dan
b02.jpg

See that little guy in that screenshot? They've got more than 5,000 polygons in that little guy! The Gamecube is not lacking in power, folks.
[Edited last by Dan B on September 13, 2001 at 03:04 AM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think its official. The GameCube games are looking better and better everyday and the X-Box doesn't have any contenders against them (at least, no real photos that aren't fake).

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
laugh.gif

Morgan you are just too funny.
Audiophiles will be ecstatic to hear the game's 5.1 stereo sound, even during gameplay,
Notice the stereo after the 5.1, kind of makes you think, don't it.
Have you even played Rogue Squadron? If you haven't I suggest you do before paying $270 bucks just to play Rogue Leader. I think this game is going to have the same effect as episode 1 did, good hype with no follow through. Once you get over the fact that its Star Wars, its just a bad game like how Rogue Squadron was. Again this is only my opinion but I have played RS before and to me it was pretty but shitty and RL looks too similar to be that far off the mark too.
Dean

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
quote: Once you get over the fact that its Star Wars, its just a bad game like how Rogue Squadron was. Again this is only my opinion but I have played RS before and to me it was pretty but shitty and RL looks too similar to be that far off the mark too.
[/quote]
As you say, completely your opinion. I know a lot of people who LOVED RS on the N64 & PC.
And I'd suggest it's a good idea to play a game or at least, research it, before buying any console 'just' for it.
Of course, Super Monkey Ball is the exception to that rule
wink.gif

------------------
Nothing In Particular
[Edited last by BrianB on September 13, 2001 at 05:10 PM]

Dan B

Screenwriter
I, for one, thought Rogue Squadron on the N64 was nothing less than fantastic.
-Dan

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Dean, that is your opinion, & you are entitled to it.
I, on the other hand,loved RS for the N64, and I'm still going to pick it up for the Gamecube when it comes out.
------------------
"Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Brothers: Melee, Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion, and WaveRace are all reasons why I want a GCN. Considering that the GCN will have reviews out around 2 months prior to the games being released domestically, I would say that is a good thing. The X-Box games are being released on previews and early reviews, but actual gamer impressions won't be available until a day or two after its launch.
I also loved Rogue Squadron and Starfighter (PS2). The last Star Wars game that was a disappointment for the N64 was...well they were all good. I assume the same for the GCN.
Looks like you're on your own with this "RS sucked" opinion.
I don't see where you get this $270 from. I can get a GCN and a game for $250. If you are suggesting that I buy a memory card, its only around $265. If I throw in a second controller, its around $300.
Once again I will say that a $270 (GCN) gamble is better than a $300 (X-Box) one, especially since you get a game with the $270 one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks