What's new

Rogue Leader for NGC: OOP already? (1 Viewer)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
What I mean to say is, the B&Ms don't seem to be carrying this title on their shelves anymore. I don't doubt that online there are copies to be found everywhere. But I am frequently in local stores that sell new games, and I haven't seen a new copy of Rogue Leader on the shelves in months (I am not exaggerating).

Is there some kind of a B&M shortage? Has this game been taken out of circulation already? Just curious, because it's one of the 'must have' titles for the NGC and stores here aren't carrying it anymore.

-J

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
You should be able to find this for $30 at Electronics Boutique. I don't beleive any game has gone OOP for the GCN. Best Buy and such may just not stock games that aren't current. It doesn't seem that Best Buy even stocks every game for the system when they are current.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Basically after a good game has been out for awhile, they no longer stock 15 copeis at once. 1 or 2 maybe. You've just hit a time where they're sold out

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
It doesn't seem that Best Buy even stocks every game for the system when they are current.
This is especially true for the GameCube. My Best Buy has a horrible selection of GC games; they're given about 1/10th of the space of the PS2 section. Even the PS1 section is bigger.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info guys. I should have suspected those reasons, but it just seems strange that major B&M retailers, who are heavily pushing the next-gen systems, have been consistantly out of such a high-profile title.
Jason, I have noticed the same lack of NGC titles at Best Buy. I was at my local BB just last weekend, and they were heavily pushing the Xbox with a 'if it doesn't work, just return it for a new one' special. But they had zero copies of Halo and had no idea when they were getting more.
Then again, I know virtually nothing about how such stores work their mojo with various suppliers. Maybe I'm just getting tired of seeing a zillion copies of the less than stellar titles 'smashing drive' and 'universal studios tour' in the GNC sections and virtually nothing else.
Joseph

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have an unopened copy of RL. We tried to sell it at a garage sale, but we didn't, so its still unopened. PM me if you want it (or anyone does).

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
There are about 10-15 RLs sitting at my local Best Buy. They have even been marked down to $39.99 (everyday price) :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks