What's new

Rogers video Bruce Almighty - non-anamorphic??!! WTFrick!?!? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
How is it possible to rent a DVD in this day and age from Rogers Video and find that it was non-anamorphic?? Un-believable. How is it possible for companies to release non-anamorphic DVD's? This is insane. I thought, I'll just pick up the widescreen copy and it'll be fine. What companies are still releasing non-anamorphic DVD's?

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
Chris. What you are saying makes no sense. Bruce Almighty was widescreen anamorphic. Are you sure didn't mean to say it was pan and scan?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Nope. Playing it on my DVD player results in a stretched widescreen picture. In order to see it the proper aspect ratio I had to select 4:3 on my iScan Pro. This resulted in bars on the sides AND bars on the top. No other DVD I've ever viewed has done this except the ones I've known for a fact were non-anamorphic. I couldn't figure it out.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
I have a copy of Bruce Almighty. It didn't rent it from Rogers but it's the same "version". I IS indeed anamorphic.

It appears that Universal changed the DVD packaging to no longer include that nice SPECS box they always did.

However, I did noticed that although the "Specs Box" is gone, the packaging does state:

Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1

I doubt Universal would release a non-anamorphic version :confused:

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
How is this possible then? I don't get it. I'll try it again but I've no idea how my DVD player and iSca Pro could take an anamorphic signal and send it non-anamorphic to my projector. I'll check everything by playing a "regular" anamorphic DVD :)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Doh! Big mistake. I screwed up. I had my DVD player set up wrong. I've never done this before. I had it set up to Pan & Scan because I had been watching a Full Screen movie and then a Pan & Scan movie. Renting screwed me up. Hahahahaha.
I should have known.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

I don't have this disc, but Uni has sometimes recently "hidden" their great specs box on the bottom edge of the case slipcover, if it has one, a place most people don't usually look.

I have read a few posts here recently about some anamorphic discs displaying like non-anamorphic ones in some systems, so you're not the only one who this has happened to, if it is indeed an anamorphic copy you have. I don't recall exactly what the problems turned out to be, but it was somehow related to DVD player and display device setup "fighting" with display options.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So.....you were watching full screen movies and pan and scan ones too eh..???

The horror indeed!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks