What's new

Roger Waters to tour the US in 2004. (1 Viewer)

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
The money thing? Well, it all started since "Money" on DSOTM, then the whole "Animals" album with the Dogs and Pigs analogies.

The arena thing? Since 1977 and the infamous "spitting" incident during the "Animals" Tour. He wrote "The Wall" as a reaction against touring and arena shows. He said the wall symbolized his detachment from the audience when he played a concert.

It's funny. He repeats the same things on the "Wall" DVD, yet his last tour was as huge and impersonal as they came. Aw, well.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I saw Waters 2 summers ago in Indiana. It was far far from huge and impersonal. One of the best shows I've ever seen and I've seen a bunch over the years.

Yes, he certainly had issues. But it's quite possible he's grown up a bit and realizes people want to see him and he enjoy's playing for them...

(Yes, the money ain't bad. But truthfully, he doesn't need it. So there must be more to it than that.)

JordanS

Second Unit
Roger Waters is just an amazing songwriter/musician.

I will re-arrange my life to see him, if he comes to the US. I am only 21 years old, and have missed out on every other Floyd/Floyd related Venue.

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
Roger Waters *is* amazing, no doubt about that. I love "Amused to Death" and consider that album one of my top 10 ones.

Heh... but I did watch him playing in a 30,000+ people arena... and he just came out, played, said hello, said thanks, and left. Just another huge, impersonal (and GREAT) show for me.

Ironically enough, he played in the same arena Pink Floyd played 8 years earlier during the "Division Bell" tour. :D

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
"Amused To Death" is an incredible album; his lyrics along with Jeff Beck's guitar rival anything he's done with Gilmour. I definitely prefer RW to post-Waters Floyd.

Saw him in Chicago a few years ago; I'd also re-arrange my life to see him again.

Hope he comes out with a new album next year....on a hi-rez format, of course.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks