What's new

Roger Waters "In the Flesh, Live" DVD in....DTS? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I was at a friend’s house checking out his DVD collection and pulled this title to have a look. I immediately noticed the DTS logo on the top left of the front cover, but no mention on the back. I popped it in the player to see if there was a DTS track available. But, nothing but DD5.1. Is this DVD available in the DTS format? If not, then why is the red DTS logo displayed prominently on the front? Thanks!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I've seen "imports" of this title supposedly in DTS. While I would love to have IN THE FLESH in DTS, I think it's a scam of overseas pirates.

Lin Park

Second Unit
Killer disc - no DTS on mine - has anyone compared this to the SACD set? The two cool guitarists on the left side of the stage named Doyle Bramhall II and Andy Fairweather Low on this actually worked with Eric Clapton and B.B. King on Riding with the King. Talk about some incredible guitarists teaming up.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Jordan_E: I think you're right! I borrowed this disc from him today. Previously, I did not notice the small Chinese or Japanese writing under the title. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet at "concert level", can't get the kids out of the house long enough. Arrrgh!!! So I guess the DD5.1 track is pretty good considering most people rave over this concert. Man, I wish they would release "Pulse" on DVD. I'd even settle for "Delicate Sound of Thunder", but I know that's not going to happen. Actually I prefer the back-up singers in "D.S.O.T.". Will "Pulse" be released THIS decade?!

Also, should I tell him he got scammed?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Users who are viewing this thread