What's new

Roger Rabbit SE in the works! (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
We need a Touchstone vault dump-out for this SE. The deleted scenes, pencil tests, rejected animations, "Roger Rabbit and The Secrets Of Toon Town" and the Diet Coke commercial should all be on there, along with all other things Roger.

Sincerely,

John "Once I get a job, the money is going into DVDs for a long time" Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Oh, and since this is going to be Vista Series, I'd like for Disney to license out a certain "Saturday Night Live" sketch from Broadway Video. The sketch?

It was a sketch about a "Cartoon Character Phone Sex" line. What's the WFRR connection? Kathleen Turner plays a flesh-and-blood version of Jessica Rabbit. I think that'd be a nice feature.

Sincerely,

John "Kathleen Turner was a major 80s babe" Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Thanks, David!

I only remembered thanks to my book "The Wonderful World Of Disney Television". It was mentioned as a trivia note after the entry for "Roger Rabbit and The Secrets Of Toon Town".

Sincerely,

John "Would fancy a Coke, but it's 9:00 PM in New York" Kilduff

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
also exciting is a listing for a new Vista Series edition of the Robert Zemeckis smash Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Stay tuned!
Just posted up at dvdfile. Looks like we should be getting one hell of a SE afterall. (Based on Vista Series title)

-Chad

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Chad--

I just looked all over DVDFile for the Roger Rabbit news and couldn't find it. :b I tried a couple of searches and checked all their news and press release info. Could you point me at it more specifically? Thanks!

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I'd love to have the Roger Rabbit SE. AS LONG as it is Anamorphic Widescreen and is the uncut theatrical presentation. Got it, Disney? :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I, too, would be more inclined to buy this disc if it were uncut and unaltered. Do we need a petition to Disney to get it that way?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait to buy this one Uncut and Anamorphic with oodles of special features. This could be a VERY nice Vista Series.

Leave the one disc out for the people who just want to have the movie and don't care that it's been edited. Allow for the Vista Series edition to have the film as originally shown theatrically.

I've got $30 waiting on this one.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
But I'll still hold onto the LD, most people love to check out the 'beaver shot' when her legs are whipping around.

I would like Disney alot more if they weren't so damn PC about everything

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Ok, so do we have any information to suggest that this version will be uncensored? If not, I'm afraid that means no sale for me.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
This is one where there should be a ton of extra features. So far Vista Series have been a little thin (but I still love the Tombstone release!) on extra material. I actually have DVDs by Robert Zemeckis than any other director: Forrest Gump, Cast Away, Romancing the Stone, and What Lies Beneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks