1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Roger Rabbit SE in the works!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveGon, Jan 15, 2002.

1. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

The Digital Bits is reporting that Buena Vista is working on a special edition of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Yes! Hopefully, this will be one loaded (and uncut) SE...

2. Bryan Farris

Bryan Farris Agent

IMHO, I'd rate the chances of an uncut Roger Rabbit just above a re-release of Song of the South. The family-film crowd would never let Disney get away w/ a release of a "kid's" movie w/ all the naughtiness contained in the uncut version.

However, this potential SE would be a great place to collect the various Roger Rabbit/Baby Herman shorts that appeared before Touchstone movies in the early 90s,

3. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

They've cut a lot of little stuff out of every single release of this movie. They'll be down to two minutes in a little while.

What Disney doesn't seem to get is that this is NOT a film for the very young.

The slight naughtiness and double entendre is supposed to be in this film. Hopefully, if Zemeckis is a part of the making of the SE he will want, at least, the Baby Herman and the "booby trap" sequences left alone. Unless he has become a P.C. Zombie like Lucas and Spielberg.

Dan

4. SteveGon

Perhaps we should let them know that we want an uncut Roger Rabbit?

5. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

P.C.?

~Kevin

6. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

If they just put the shot of the baby looking up the girl's dress back in... i'll be a happy man... also, include the Roger Rabbit shorts that were in front of other films and a commentary by Roger Rabbit and Spoor...err...Bob Hoskins (now THAT would be funny [​IMG] )

7. Shad R

Shad R Supporting Actor

What all got cut out?? I'm curious..did it get a different rating when they applied to the MPAA?

8. Cynthia

Cynthia Stunt Coordinator

I definitely wouldn't buy an SE of Roger Rabbit if the uncut version isn't on there. That's not special at all. [​IMG]

9. SteveGon

RobLutter, I like the idea of a Roger Rabbit commentary! I hope Buena Vista realizes what great potential a special edition of Roger Rabbit has and follows through with it! Uncut version, the shorts, multiple commentaries...

10. Michael St. Clair

Supposedly Roy Disney is sick of all the cutting...let's do it right, Mouse!

11. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    there already was a commentary on the laser reissue from the late 90's

the only way I know to get the uncut version (and see why it was cut) is the old CAV laser original release. When the controversy came out, these went for incredible sums.

Any se will probably recycle the LD commentary - but it would be interesting to hear about the changes made when this was changed from being an R rated pic... it wasnt once mentioned in the LD commentary

12. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

Let's not forget the 1 frame shot of Jessica Rabbit's bush![​IMG]

13. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

P.C. = Politically Correct
    FYI = For Your Information
    [​IMG]
    Dan

14. AaronMK

AaronMK Supporting Actor

Aaron Karp
    Disney,

No more tricks this time around. No more plastic cases that attempt to make us think that the real movie is inside, when it actually isn't. If you actually release the movie this time, I will purchase it.

15. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

I have the previous DVD but would buy this one instantly if it is uncut and anamorphic.

16. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer

17. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

18. Sarah S

Sarah S Second Unit

Sadly, Disney always has and to a large extent probably will always believe that the main people who love animation are below age 10. If they include any adult humor at all, they feel it is for th adult parent/guardian dragged along. Those people who are experinecing "Peter Pan Syndrome" (in the classic sense [​IMG]) are most likely a niche market.
    Exceedingly larger than Disney realizes or even wants to know about; because then they might have to come up with original plotlines or sstorytelling devices; and which would probably be the reason why they are holding onto Studio Ghibl's products like Scrooge McDuck

19. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

Actually, the Bette Boop frame was a single frame of her breasts popping out during the night club scene. It was actually there, and included on the tape versions of RR released to the Navy Motion Picture Service for use on Navy ships' close circuit system.

I used to work in the TV studio on the Eisenhower in the 1988-91, and saw the infamous "pop out" for myself on a frame by frame review.

As for the other gags, all I can say is, I couldn't tell definitely, except for Baby Herman up the dress.

20. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer