Roger Rabbit R2

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mark Anthony, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Second Unit

Hi I was wondering if anyone has got the RR region 2 disc that was released this week, and can tell me what features are on it - and whether it compares or not to the R1/R4 editions - ie DTS sound and on 2 discs..

M

2. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

The UK DVD is a one disc affair and is missing several of the features from the US disc ( including the commentary ).
    I'm not sure if it includes a DTS soundtrack or not.
    The complete 2 disc edition including commentary is available in France though, which should work out at around £20. Sadly, the DTS track on this disc is the French dub only ( although English is available as a 5.1 track ). If your player is R2 only then go for the French set - go for the R1 if you're multi region capable.

3. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Or go for the Australian release, which is 2 disc, includes an English DTS track and (possibly) is encoded R2 aswell as R4.

However, if DTS doesn't bother you, the French set is excellent. Each disc has English options.

4. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    The R4 version is also coded for R2. It's a very nice set, with great picture quality and snappy packaging. The soundtrack is fine, but won't be knocking anyone's socks off.

Adam