Roger Rabbit pickup?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DeathStar1, Jul 3, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I'm so behind on DVD buying it's insane. I need at least three more TNG sets, wich come in handy down the Jersey Shore when nothing else is on. I need the DS9 sets wich is a series that is mostly new to me..

I need two, soon to be 4 Dragonball GT discs, and a Dragonball 'Piccolo JR.' Box set.

And on top of all this, I still have yet to get the SE of Roger Rabbit. I remember waiting so long to get this tihng on video, back when it was new. Is the DVD SE worth getting?

2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Two frames were retouched.

The video quality is superb, although it has a hint of grain. This is built-in since the film required so much optical work. The color is amazing, as is the photographic quality. A tiny bit of printed in damage can be seen in all the optical shots. Reference quality without a doubt.

The DD and DTS 5.1 tracks on the widescreen version are AMAZING. The film won an award for its sound design, and it's obvious why. The image quality and sound on the 3 Roger Rabbit shorts is equally impressive (although, are a little bit grainy)

The extras are all worthwhile. The making-of feature and commentary are the best parts. The two featurettes showing shots before-and-after are great...the one comparing the pre-effects and finished versions of the Toontown sequence is surreal.

I'm against censorship, but it's silly to turn down this disc because of the touch-ups. You can't even see them unless you freeze the image...which is a poor way of viewing a film.

4. Daniel Lawhon

I'm against censorship too and I still own the disc, I think its worth a purchase.

5. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

It's a very nice set, agreed. The A/V quality is fine. Worth it!

Jason

6. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    What are the censored touch ups? I'm guessing Jessicas "Rabbit" is a sure thing, but what's number 2?

7. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    The first one is Baby Herman sticking his finger under a woman's skirt (in the first live-action scene).

In the DVD version, they either used a different cel or something. No finger, just his...err, fist. (isn't that WORSE?)

8. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

9. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer