What's new

Roger Rabbit - open package shot (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,

Do Buena Vista issue bilingual covers in Canada?
So far all Vista Series DVD covers were in English. Sixth Sense had that printed-on sticker saying "version francaise incluse", the rest was English as well. I hope that hasn't changed, but I guess the "Signs" DVD will answer that.

Chris

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The "family friendly" pan and scan disc should have a TV rather than a film reel.

I can't wait for this release.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This is taken from DVDplanet pre-order page

Special Features:
2-Disc Set: DISC ONE: Full Frame Edition; "Tummy Trouble", "Rollercoaster Rabbit" and "Trail Mix-Up" cartoon shorts; "Who Made Roger Rabbit?" featurette; "Trouble In Toontown" Set-Top game. DISC TWO: Widescreen Version; Audio commentary with director Robert Zemeckis and producer Frank Marshall; Deleted scene (Pig Head sequence); "Behind The Ears - The True Story Of Roger Rabbit" documentary; "Toontown Confidential" pop-up style trivia; "The Valiant Files" interactive Set-Top gallery; Split-screen comparison

anybody know what the pig head sequence is.

still nothing about directors cut or original version

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
still nothing about directors cut or original version
Brian W. had this to say in another thread a while back:
"So trust me when I say I've seen the new masters, and I can confirm that -- unless something is changed between now and release -- surprise, surprise, both the full frame and widescreen will have the unaltered finger up the dress shot! And, yes, the widescreen is 16x9."
I hope he's right!
Chris

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Brian W. had this to say in another thread a while back:
"So trust me when I say I've seen the new masters, and I can confirm that -- unless something is changed between now and release -- surprise, surprise, both the full frame and widescreen will have the unaltered finger up the dress shot! And, yes, the widescreen is 16x9."
Good news! I wonder how families will react to that shot!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know if the short cartoons will be censored, since apparently they were bad enough to have the "Best of Roger Rabbit" laserdisc pulled from stores?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'd suppose they were widescreen originally. They were shown theatrically.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Will they be P&S on Disc One?
No way to be sure until it's released I guess. But since I'm a pessimist by nature, and disc one is the "Family" disc, I wouldn't count on it. After all, fullscreen is "Family Friendly".

To quote Homer Simpsons: "By the way, that was sarcasm."

Chris

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I surely hope the cartoon shorts will be OAR, but they certainly are on the wrong disc for it.

Since they have no live action elements, perhaps Disney will stand by their tradition of only supplying "cartoons" in their OAR on recent releases.

I hope and pray.

I'll be very dissapointed if they are in squarevision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks