What's new

Roger Rabbit - open package shot (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Looks very cool indeed. I can't wait for this one to come out, whenever that date is. *knocks on the thread* Shave in a hair cut, two bit...or something.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Let's just hope that it includes the uncensored film. You know, the one with the 'open package shot'. :)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
That'd be "Shave and a Hair Cut, 2 bits" (a quarter for you youngin's) ;)
When was that released, anyway? Any idea if that's final? If so, 19.99 for retail isn't too bad at all.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I just love the "Received of 4 Academy Awards":D
All that effort and they overlook a typo right on the front cover. Just watch, it'll probably be released like that.
Anyway, I really like the packaging. The cover art has been fixed up. I felt the old one with just the guys in the car in front of wood was just too bland and dull.
Justin, this is the first time we've seen the revised cover art.

Matt Shiv

Agent
That same one-sheet also notes that disc one has a "Family Friendly Full Screen" transfer and that disc two is "widescreen for enthusiasts" or something to that effect.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Jeez, I guess I can put up with a coaster... er... fullscreen copy of the film, if only to get a nice, clean anamorphic transfer of this movie. I'm excited!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Very nice!
At least I'll get some use of the "Family Friendly Fullscreen" (F^3?) disc by watching the 3 Roger Rabbit shorts.
It'll at least be as clean as my Shrek disc 1. :D

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Do Buena Vista issue bilingual covers in Canada? I've seen WFRR for a sweet price on a Canadian R1 suppliers' site, and I'd love to know if it'll have crappy bilingual packaging. Thanks!

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Just checking on imdb - it looks like it won three Oscars: Best Effects, Sound Effects editing; Best Effects, Visual Effects; Best Film Editing. It also won an Academy Special Achievenent Award for animation direction and creation of the cartoon characters. So that's four Academy Awards, but only three Oscars.

Brenton

Screenwriter
That same one-sheet also notes that disc one has a "Family Friendly Full Screen" transfer and that disc two is "widescreen for enthusiasts" or something to that effect.
What a load of crap. As pleased as I am with the looks of the set, and that there is a widescreen transfer, something needs to be said about how they're trying to tell people which version to watch.

Think of it this way, the people on the fence about aspect ratios who don't care either way may be drawn in by "Family Friendly Full Screen", whereas if they had left off the cutesy little descriptions, they may have happened to watch the correct widescreen version instead.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Why are they even putting a full-screen transfer on a VISTA SERIES release? Disney never seems to realize that Roger Rabbit isn't even a family movie in the slightest...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Disney realizes that to 90% of Americans animation = family/kids movie. If they advertise it as a family film, it will dupe some parents into buying it for their kids. It's all about sales.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
That's a great looking set!

I'm excited. Wish they didn't have the "family friendly ...crap" on it. Oh well.

Cross the fingers for the original version!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks