What's new

Roger Ebert to undergo cancer surgery (1 Viewer)

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I sincerely wish the best of luck to Roger. I have not always agreed with him, but I've been hearing and reading his reviews for years. The film world would be a lot poorer without him.

CoreyII

Second Unit
I hope everything goes well for Roger Ebert. I've grown up wth the man. I've been watching him ever since he was on PBS. Best of luck Roger.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Best of wishes to Mr. Ebert for a healthy recovery. I empathize and enjoy very much his reviews, and would feel a great loss without them. Love of film is the best kind of contagion to spread, and he excels at sharing it; many thanks to him for instilling within me desire to broaden my horizons.

David Rubenstein

Stunt Coordinator
My wife went throught this 2 years ago. The good news is that as long as they remove the entire thyroid, there is little to no chance of reoccurrence. She was up and around a week after the surgery.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Hope it goes well, it would really suck to lose Siskel and now Ebert! He is my favorite reviewer!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Great news! We need him for a long time to come!

Congratulations, mr. Ebert. We wish you a speedy and complete recovery!

Cees

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Anyone else catch Ebert's appearance on Conan's show last night (3/7)? He was a little more subdued than usual, but otherwise perfectly normal. He told the audience that, by and large, he considered himself fortunate for having developed a form of cancer that could be effectively treated.

M.

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
More good wishes from across the ocean. Ive never seen him on TV, but he is a great warrior in the cause of educating the masses about our beloved art.
:emoji_thumbsup: Two thumbs up :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks